Poll: What Is The Best Clash Album
This poll is closed.
The Clash
26.47%
9 26.47%
Give 'Em Enough Rope
2.94%
1 2.94%
London Calling
47.06%
16 47.06%
Sandanista!
11.76%
4 11.76%
Combat Rock
11.76%
4 11.76%
Cut The Crap
0%
0 0%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Clash Best Album Poll - 1 of 1
#1
The Clash (1977)
[Image: f32969t69vp.jpg]
1 Clash City Rockers Jones, Strummer 3:49
2 I'm So Bored with the U.S.A. Jones, Strummer 2:24
3 Remote Control Jones, Strummer 3:01
4 Complete Control Jones, Strummer 3:14
5 White Riot Jones, Strummer 1:59
6 (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais Jones, Strummer 4:00
7 London's Burning Jones, Strummer 2:10
8 I Fought the Law Curtis 2:41
9 Janie Jones Jones, Strummer 2:06
10 Career Opportunities Jones, Strummer 1:52
11 What's My Name Jones, Levene, Strummer 1:41
12 Hate & War Jones, Strummer 2:05
13 Police & Thieves Murvin, Perry 6:01
14 Jail Guitar Doors Jones, Strummer 3:05
15 Garageland Jones, Strummer 3:12

Give 'Em Enough Rope (1978)
[Image: g58795d4337.jpg]
1 Safe European Home Jones, Strummer 3:50
2 English Civil War Jones, Strummer, Traditional 2:35
3 Tommy Gun Jones, Strummer 3:17
4 Julie's Been Working for the Drug Squad Jones, Strummer 3:03
5 Last Gang in Town Jones, Strummer 5:14
6 Guns on the Roof Headon, Jones, Simonon ... 3:15
7 Drug-Stabbing Time Jones, Strummer 3:43
8 Stay Free Jones, Strummer 3:40
9 Cheapskates Jones, Strummer 3:25
10 All the Young Punks (New Boots and Contracts) Jones, Strummer 4:56

London Calling (1979)
[Image: d95264o1973.jpg]
1 London Calling Jones, Strummer 3:19
2 Brand New Cadillac Taylor 2:08
3 Jimmy Jazz Jones, Strummer 3:54
4 Hateful Jones, Strummer 2:44
5 Rudie Can't Fail Jones, Strummer 3:29
6 Spanish Bombs Jones, Strummer 3:18
7 The Right Profile Jones, Strummer 3:54
8 Lost in the Supermarket Jones, Strummer 3:47
9 Clampdown Jones, Strummer 3:49
10 The Guns of Brixton Simonon 3:09
11 Wrong 'Em Boyo Alphanso, Jones, Strummer 3:10
12 Death or Glory Jones, Strummer 3:55
13 Koka Kola Jones, Strummer 1:47
14 The Card Cheat Clash, Jones, Strummer 3:49
15 Lover's Rock Jones, Strummer 4:03
16 Four Horsemen Jones, Strummer 2:55
17 I'm Not Down Jones, Strummer 3:06
18 Revolution Rock Edwards, Jones, Ray, Strummer 5:33
19 Train in Vain Jones, Strummer 3:10

Sandinista! (1980)
[Image: e30795ekuu7.jpg]
1 The Magnificent Seven Clash 5:33
2 Hitsville U.K. Clash 4:21
3 Junco Partner Clash, Traditional 4:52
4 Ivan Meets G.I. Joe Clash 3:05
5 The Leader Clash 1:42
6 Something About England Clash 3:42
7 Rebel Waltz Clash 3:26
8 Look Here Allison 2:45
9 The Crooked Beat Clash 5:28
10 Somebody Got Murdered Clash 3:34
11 One More Time Clash, Dread 3:32
12 One More Dub Clash 3:36
13 Lightning Strikes (Not Once But Twice) Clash 4:51
14 Up in Heaven (Not Only Here) Clash 4:31
15 Corner Soul Clash 2:42
16 Let's Go Crazy Clash 4:24
17 If Music Could Talk Clash 4:36
18 The Sound of Sinners Clash 4:01
19 Police on My Back Grant 3:17
20 Midnight Log Clash 2:10
21 The Equaliser Clash 5:46
22 The Call Up Clash 5:28
23 Washington Bullets Clash 3:51
24 Broadway Clash 5:49
25 Lose This Skin Dogg 5:08
26 Charlie Don't Surf Clash 4:54
27 Mensforth Hill Clash 3:42
28 Junkie Slip Clash 2:48
29 Kingston Advice Clash 2:37
30 The Street Parade Clash 3:28
31 Version City Clash 4:23
32 Living in Fame Clash, Dread 4:52
33 Silicone on Sapphire Clash 4:14
34 Version Pardner Clash 5:23
35 Career Opportunities Jones, Strummer 2:30
36 Shepherds Delight Clash, Dread 3:27

Combat Rock (1982)
[Image: g80109rf5it.jpg]
1 Know Your Rights Jones, Strummer 3:40
2 Car Jamming Clash 4:00
3 Should I Stay or Should I Go Clash 3:09
4 Rock the Casbah Clash 3:43
5 Red Angel Dragnet Clash 3:45
6 Straight to Hell Clash 5:32
7 Overpowered by Funk Clash 4:52
8 Atom Tan Clash 2:30
9 Sean Flynn Clash 4:32
10 Ghetto Defendant Clash 4:44
11 Inoculated City Clash 2:41
12 Death Is a Star Clash 3:13

Cut the Crap (1985)
[Image: g58793utdmf.jpg]
1 Dictator Rhodes, Strummer 3:02
2 Dirty Punk Rhodes, Strummer 3:11
3 We Are the Clash Rhodes, Strummer 3:04
4 Are You Red... Y Rhodes, Strummer 3:02
5 Cool Under Heat Rhodes, Strummer 3:24
6 Movers and Shakers Rhodes, Strummer 3:03
7 This Is England Rhodes, Strummer 3:53
8 Three Card Trick Rhodes, Strummer 3:11
9 Play to Win Rhodes, Strummer 3:09
10 Fingerpoppin' Rhodes, Strummer 3:25
11 North and South Rhodes, Strummer 3:32
12 Life Is Wild Rhodes, Strummer 2:39

#2
With a short lived album career of 6 albums, this should be a little easier than the Beatles.

Although I didn't catch on until Rope, once I did I was devoted. I was rebelling against disco. Once again there are no bad Clash albums for me. I could even find stuff on Cut The Crap to like. My vote wasn't too hard though, with London Calling sucking me in from start to finish. Punk was the rage and though I could never be a fan of the image, the music was my calling.

[Image: disco_sucks_tshirt-p235916701562542950qw9u_400.jpg]

#3
I was torn between The Clash, & London Calling, but my favourite Clash track Clampdown is on LC, so that tipped the balance.

Having said that, I don't think London Calling deserves its' rep as one of the best albums of all time...
#4
If you enjoy any music from 'The Clash' make sure to join the appreciation group below:

Music Discussion - The Clash
With Regards...


Anthony :coffee:
#5
The first album. It's the most punk. There's not a song on it I don't like.

I find London Calling a boring album, except for the title track which I love.
#6
Not a big fan of 'The Clash' to start with. But if I had to choose, then I would vote for 'London's Calling'. Although I only like the title track.
MANIC MINER Confusedtraightface:
#7
No big contest for me. I think they only made one album that is consistently good - London Calling. Otherwise they were more a singles band.
#8
.....:bump:

#9
.....:bump2:

#10
...:bump2:



Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jethro Tull Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 5 7,488 14-11-2016, 11:34
Last Post: Jerome
  Jethro Tull Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 8 9,446 29-07-2016, 15:38
Last Post: bob_32_116
  U2 Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 Music Head 19 12,917 29-07-2016, 15:34
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Rush Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 21 18,667 29-07-2016, 15:23
Last Post: bob_32_116
  R.E.M. Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 22 17,531 29-06-2016, 05:39
Last Post: Ndowar75
  Black Sabbath Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 23 13,451 23-05-2016, 15:54
Last Post: Jerome
  AC/DC Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 21 15,577 22-05-2016, 22:03
Last Post: dennis1077
  Pink Floyd Best Album Poll - 2 of 2 Music Head 50 25,001 20-05-2016, 04:52
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Metallica Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 Music Head 43 22,808 20-05-2016, 00:00
Last Post: nefilim
  R.E.M. Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 12 8,098 19-05-2016, 23:59
Last Post: nefilim

Forum Jump: