Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Extreme Music
#1
I'm interested in discussion about music of almost any kind, but my passion is out-there stuff. Examples: Jazz: Cecil Taylor, Art Ensemble of Chicago, Anthony Braxton. Classical: Xenakis, Panderecki, Ligeti. Get the idea? Also: Einsturzende Neubauten, Husker Du, Radiohead, hardcore and punk bands from the 80's and 90's like Naked Raygun, The Replacements, Meat Puppets, and, in general, anything that most people would find obnoxious/annoying with little or no commercial potential. Oh yeah, Zappa too.
Reply
#2
If you can catch TRBC08 on-line, he likes some fairly avant garde stuff.

BTW, Husker Du, Radiohead, & Meat Puppets have all made plenty of music that I wouldn't classify as in any way extreme...
Reply
#3
You're hoping to do all that in this thread? That is pretty open-ended.
Reply
#4
Different strokes and all that but I have never understood why someone would only like anything that most people would find obnoxious/annoying.

Reply
#5
Tiggi Wrote:If you can catch TRBC08 on-line, he likes some fairly avant garde stuff.

BTW, Husker Du, Radiohead, & Meat Puppets have all made plenty of music that I wouldn't classify as in any way extreme...


What would you consider extreme? Hit me with something good
Reply
#6
Bernard Parmegiani
Reply
#7
The Gerogerigegege
Reply
#8
Music Head Wrote:Different strokes and all that but I have never understood why someone would only like anything that most people would find obnoxious/annoying.

well, that's not ALL that I like (I have very wide-ranging tastes) but have trouble finding people who want to talk about, say Mauricio Kagel's "Der Schall" or Einsturzende Neubauten. I'm new to this site so any help navigating is welcome. Thanks
Reply
#9
Tiggi Wrote:If you can catch TRBC08 on-line, he likes some fairly avant garde stuff.

BTW, Husker Du, Radiohead, & Meat Puppets have all made plenty of music that I wouldn't classify as in any way extreme...

What WOULD you consider extreme? I'm open to suggestion.
Reply
#10
JonG Wrote:You're hoping to do all that in this thread? That is pretty open-ended.

Good point -- I'm new to this site so will learn to narrow focus
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SONG: Charli xcx - Rock Music Music Head 0 384 24-05-2026, 11:38
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Coldplay - "moon music" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,380 16-10-2024, 12:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  GHOST TRAIN ORCHESTRA AND KRONOS QUARTET ~ Songs & Symphoniques: The Music of Moondog Ruby 0 910 01-10-2023, 12:49
Last Post: Ruby
  Hungarian Folk Music jlvo 1 1,417 22-11-2021, 05:13
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW ALBUM: Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres Music Head 1 1,221 30-10-2021, 04:55
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Elevation Worship & Maverick City Music - Old Church Basement Music Head 0 804 14-05-2021, 12:53
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Haim "women in music pt:3" CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,110 08-07-2020, 12:31
Last Post: Music Head
  Slow Music recommendations. carbon_psycho 10 5,297 03-05-2020, 17:58
Last Post: Jerome
  NEW ALBUM: Bethel Music - Peace Music Head 2 1,843 01-05-2020, 01:29
Last Post: SteveO
  NEW SINGLE: Jarvis Cocker "house music all night long" CRAZY-HORSE 0 792 09-03-2020, 11:44
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: