Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: City And Colour "a pill for loneliness"
#1
[Image: 220px-City_and_Colour_A_Pill_for_Loneliness.jpg]

Spotify listen:

Canadian singer/songwriter...
eleventh career album, had several make the top 10 here but I cannot recall him..
hearing some Arcade Fire in some tunes...
lush/layered harmonies and lead vocals, guitars and orchestrations...

damn, reading on I have heard of him, even have one of his albums,
a duet album P!nk under the moniker "You + Me", album "rose ave" from 2014,
which was pretty darn good.

good album

favourite track happens to be the lead off single:



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
(07-10-2019, 10:26)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: [Image: 220px-City_and_Colour_A_Pill_for_Loneliness.jpg]

Spotify listen:

Canadian singer/songwriter...
eleventh career album, had several make the top 10 here but I cannot recall him..
hearing some Arcade Fire in some tunes...
lush/layered harmonies and lead vocals, guitars and orchestrations...

damn, reading on I have heard of him, even have one of his albums,
a duet album P!nk under the moniker "You + Me", album "rose ave" from 2014,
which was pretty darn good.

good album

favourite track happens to be the lead off single:




But how can I dig up his name?
Forum Moderation is often no more than small minded tyranny.
Reply
#3
I went to Wikipedia and typed in City And Colour: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Green_(musician)
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#4
(07-10-2019, 10:39)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: I went to Wikipedia and typed in City And Colour: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Green_(musician)
Now to find out if he’s recorded anything without all that overproduced backing.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Appears he has but this time he’s drowned out with punk hysteria.

[video=dailymotion]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPcds3jOhRQ[/video]
Forum Moderation is often no more than small minded tyranny.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Beabadoobee - Pylon Music Head 1 42 Yesterday, 11:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Tubs - "hard life" CRAZY-HORSE 3 142 29-09-2026, 10:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Interpol - This Mirror Weighs A Ton Music Head 2 131 27-09-2026, 18:08
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Alabama Shakes - I Must Be Dreaming Music Head 1 102 26-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW-ish ALBUM: Ecca Vandal - "looking for people to unfollow" CRAZY-HORSE 0 205 07-09-2026, 08:18
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Weezer - Weezer (Gold) Music Head 1 277 05-09-2026, 23:02
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kasabian - "act III" CRAZY-HORSE 0 229 04-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Marilyn Manson - "one assassination under God: chapter 2 CRAZY-HORSE 1 335 29-08-2026, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Phoebe Bridgers - Lost Weekend Music Head 0 241 27-08-2026, 11:32
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Waterparks - JINX Music Head 0 266 11-08-2026, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: