Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: Danzig "sings Elvis"
#1
[Image: 71lXOOTleIL._AC_UY218_.jpg]

Spotify listen:

unusual combination here.
US Hardcore Metal band in Easy Listening and secondly, covering Elvis Presley songs...
wasn't really sure what to expect but expecting the worst.
big Elvis fan but not going to criticise too much because he is bringing the music of Presley
to a new generation and some of those fans may seek the originals and enjoy.
anyway,
fourteen tracks on here, none of which I would normally expect artists to cover and with the exception
of a couple really wouldn't be well known to the general population so im guessing Danzig is a fan.
versions are respectful of Presley's legacy and memory so in that aspect I am impressed.
if im going to nit-pick here its that one song, Lonely Blue Boy, isn't technically an Elvis song because the lyrics
were changed and it was called Danny when Presley sung it in 1958 to fit the format of the King Creole movie.
I cant say I would ever purchase this as it is still too karaoke for me. (is that being negative???)





and this one from 1956,
Presley hamming it up subtly for the audience:



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
The good metal bands like all genres !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#3
^^
its funny what some artists like,
being a Weller-phile I thought I knew just about everything about him but I read somewhere just yesterday that he is a huge fan of Brian Eno and his favourite Bowie album is "low".
I never would have guessed either of those.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Lizzy McAlpine - Angel Music Head 0 16 11 hours ago
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Neil Young & Chrome Hearts - "second song" CRAZY-HORSE 0 122 22-09-2026, 11:16
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Sara Bareilles - Good Grief Music Head 0 150 15-09-2026, 11:56
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Sienna Spiro - Visitor Music Head 1 428 19-07-2026, 01:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Myles Smith - My Mess, My Heart, My Life Music Head 1 407 07-07-2026, 01:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Keith Urban - Flow State Music Head 1 479 29-06-2026, 12:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Niall Horan - Dinner Party Music Head 0 397 18-06-2026, 11:51
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Malcolm Todd - Do That Again Music Head 1 439 17-06-2026, 12:00
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Paul McCartney - "the boys of dungeon lane" CRAZY-HORSE 4 907 12-06-2026, 16:13
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW ALBUM: Josh Groban - Cinematic Music Head 0 420 23-05-2026, 11:46
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: