Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
thought we had a thread
even if we did, we need a new one
anyway
got my mail in ballot today
unreal seeing Kanye West on there
I'm one of those undecided voters
I got another month
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
^We did. It became thoroughly unpleasant. Not sure where I put it. Lol!
Hope this one doesn't descend in a similar fashion.
Hear you re Kanye West. Bizarre.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
i thought Kanye had given up on the idea of running this time round:
BTW:
i think Hunter's connections in Moscow poisoned Trump !!!!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
Kanye is not on the ballot in all states
missed the filing deadline in some
wasn't sure if he made it here or not till I got it
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
an irritating observation ive had for a long time now.
all over the world the colour Blue is repesentative of Conservative political parties whilst the colour Red is representative of Socialist/Left Leaning parties and often used as "red commies" or "reds under the bed" etc etc.
so why does US politics flip it around the other way with Conservatives representative of Red and the Left wearing Blue?, it doesnt make sense.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
^^
didn't know it was different elsewhere
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
14-10-2020, 12:18
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2020, 12:18 by CRAZY-HORSE.)
yup, referring to Western countries obviously.
Wiki on "blue" political colour: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_colour#Blue
Wiki on "red" political colour: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_colour#Red
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
time to come out of the closet and fill out that ballot
after much guilt for sitting out 2016 due to my dislike of both choices
I can't abandon my obligation for a second time
I'm going with Trump
policy over personality
the media drove me there
never seen such biased coverage of a president
there are 3 major news networks and I watch all 3
and the bias goes to all 3, 1 for and 2 against Trump
the dems tried to get him over Russia, then Ukraine, now his handling of the virus
I have never voted democrat and won't start now
but I do think Trump will lose this election
just worried about the pubs keeping control of the Senate
only a 2 vote majority now
if they lose that I guess we are destined for another swing to the left
back and forth, I'm just along for the ride
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
23-10-2020, 03:58
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2020, 09:44 by CRAZY-HORSE.)
Presidential Debate:
i could go on and write a chapter but i wont.
to sum it up quickly:
two contenders in the ring,
one a political heavyweight (Biden).
the other a business heavyweight (Trump).
Biden hit his target with a few left hooks, Trump with his right.
a few bodyblows with jabs
several hitting below the belt from both fighters.
by the end of the 90 minute bout, no knockout, no towels thrown in, not even a partial count.
a tame fight by heavyweight standards, more dancing around the ring like Ali
both floated like butterflies but rarely stung like a bee.
Trump wins at the end with a 6-4 point score from me.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
|