Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW ALBUM: Tones & I "welcome to the madhouse"
[Image: 220px-Tones_and_I_-_Welcome_to_the_Madhouse.png]

Deezer  listen:

Aussie songstress' debut album...
two years down the track after "the kids are coming" EP featuring the annoying mega hit Dance Monkey...
wasnt sure how she would go with a full length album so i was keen to listen...
her vocals are still nasal and gargly at times but there is more variation in them than previously heard...
as a comparison im thinking Sia and maybe Halsey...
the majority of the tracks have a modern electro-pop feel but a couple have a more retro pop sound, theres even a paino balled on board...
lyrically it is dark, lots of songs about being alone, depression, failed relationships, struggles with success/criticism, the groudnog day feel of continual covid lockdowns etc etc...
yet all the music has a light, bubbly happy feel to offset the sombre mood...
a surprisingly pleasant album IMO

love this one, but the WOKE nutcases will say it is "cultural appropriation" LOL

“Sgt Pepper did its thing it was the album of the decade, maybe the Century. 
It was innovative with great songs, I’m glad I was on it but the ‘White’ album ended up a better album for me.” Ringo Starr
Funny how they got the label 'the woke generation' when in fact they are in a coma.
Ninety nine percent of the world's lovers aren't with their first choice. That's what makes the jukebox play - Willie Nelson
^It's a supreme irony that the two biggest online retailers in SA are "Loot" and "Takealot". I sometimes worry about words - speak them enough and look what happens!!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
seriously????
“Sgt Pepper did its thing it was the album of the decade, maybe the Century. 
It was innovative with great songs, I’m glad I was on it but the ‘White’ album ended up a better album for me.” Ringo Starr
^Yes. They've been going for ages and sure the name Loot was never intended to be anything other than tongue in cheek. As I said, quite ironic!!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Billie Eilish - happier than ever CRAZY-HORSE 0 20 30-07-2021, 10:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Marina - "ancient dreams in a modern land" CRAZY-HORSE 3 109 07-07-2021, 12:34
  NEW ALBUM: Seventeen - Your Choice Music Head 0 50 01-07-2021, 12:34
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Maroon 5 - Jordi Music Head 1 35 26-06-2021, 12:46
  NEW ALBUM: TWICE - Taste Of Love (ep) Music Head 0 31 25-06-2021, 12:32
  NEW ALBUM: JOAN ARMATRADING ~ Consequences Ruby 0 36 23-06-2021, 20:24
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW ALBUM: Tomorrow X Together - The Chaos Chapter : FREEZE Music Head 0 41 17-06-2021, 12:01
  NEW SONG: Tones & I - "cloudy day" CRAZY-HORSE 0 48 10-06-2021, 23:04
  NEW ALBUM: Olivia Rodrigo - sour CRAZY-HORSE 2 84 02-06-2021, 22:39
  NEW ALBUM: ENHYPEN - Border: Carnical (ep) Music Head 0 71 01-06-2021, 11:52