Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW SINGLE: The Damned - "beware of the clown"
#1




these guys were considered alternative/punk back in the day so this is where i put them...
twelfth studio album on the horizon...
was never a big fan back in the day and cannot recall owning anything but i might have a single or two...maybe?

anyway
solid track IMO

i like it
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
I think I must have heard them in their later Goth sort of stage. David Vanian has a good baritone but shewy - they look so different now! Guess we all do!! Must have heard Phantasmagoria quite a bit because some of those spring to mind. I always thought "Eloise" was a perfectly constructed pop song (I know it's Barry Ryan's) - even when I didn't really have much to compare it to and even although I can't say I love the song - I admire it, I suppose you might say.

Their rendition is pretty infectious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b31L4P7G5j8 - sound is horrible on this clip but I'd don't think there's another live one that compares.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SINGLE: Barenaked Ladies - "careful (for Dee)" CRAZY-HORSE 0 145 16-09-2026, 08:19
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Marilyn Manson - "exit wound" CRAZY-HORSE 0 313 17-07-2026, 00:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: echo & The Bunnymen - "brussels is haunted" CRAZY-HORSE 0 254 16-07-2026, 23:57
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Kat Robichaud - "cake" CRAZY-HORSE 0 353 28-06-2026, 08:37
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Dynamite Shakers - "hot stumps" CRAZY-HORSE 0 435 28-06-2026, 06:19
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Modest Mouse - "picking dragon's pockets" CRAZY-HORSE 0 593 13-05-2026, 00:46
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Father John Misty - "the payoff" CRAZY-HORSE 0 563 10-05-2026, 06:59
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Flea feat: Nick Cave - "wichita lineman" CRAZY-HORSE 2 877 17-04-2026, 11:47
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Kasabian - "great pretender" CRAZY-HORSE 0 456 03-04-2026, 05:47
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Cortney Barnett - "one thing at a time" CRAZY-HORSE 0 496 28-03-2026, 02:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: