Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Deezer listen:
the three surviving members of Crazy Horse and Young...
Molina, Talbot and Lofgren each wrote, sung and recorded three tracks, Young supplied just one...
soft rock with a softened CH vibe...
to be honest, Young's track is the weakest on here but still good...
was expecting the worst but surprised by how good this was, (or is that not just as bad as i thought it was...LOL)...
this might make the purchase list...
if you get stuck for a listen to a new album this week peeps, this might be worth a visit...
two tracks already posted in the "notable upcoming albums" thread so heres another one,
this one penned and sung by Nils Lofgren
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
I will have a listen CH. Nils is sounding a bit rough IMHO, but I guess that's inevitable!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
07-04-2023, 12:04
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2023, 12:05 by CRAZY-HORSE.)
they all sound a bit rough actually but it all adds to the charm of it IMO
hope you enjoy more of it than you dislike Ruby.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
^To my surprise I did CH - sort of - 50/50. I didn't mind the Uncle Neil song either, except it went on a bit - unnecessarily, I thought - I mean, 7 plus minutes of odeling can get wearisome. Anyway - this is my favourite on a first listen ... written and sung by Ralph Molina ...
"Look Through the Eyes of Your Heart"
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
^Oh - forgot to say I thought "The Hunter" was diabolical. Apparently, I'm not a Billy Talbot fan. Lol!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
MH
i know this will not chart in the US (or probably anywhere for that matter) but i'd like your opinion on it if you get a chance and a spare 40 minutes.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
dude that means I'll have to forego a rap album
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
^^
damn, im sorry mate.....
i forgot how much you love that rap-crap
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
can't find this album on Spotify
is it the Neil Young connection
I remember something about Neil and Spotify
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
ah yes, probably
he took his music from that platform.
listen to it on Deezer
https://www.deezer.com/en/offers/premium...gclid=null
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
|