Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK TOP 100 SUMMARY & REVIEW
UK CHART SUMMARY & REVIEW - 4.10.24

Every week, the charts get more bland, and this week is a perfect example of that. The entire top 6 remains the same, and there are almost as many re-entries as there are new songs. It feels like the UK loves listening to the same thing repeatedly. Honestly, I’m convinced the world revolves around Sabrina Carpenter this year. But I'll make use of whatever new arrivals we have this week, though it's not all promising.

THE TOP 10

Starting with the top 10, Somedays holds on in the top 10 with an okay sales week, but just misses Hot to Go by Chapell Roan at 9, which drops two spots. This opens the gap to Kisses at 8, which got a nice boost but still trails Timeless at 7. Timeless was no. 3 in the first look and no. 6 in the midweek chart, so it's safe to say it won’t last long. Now to the stale top 6, where BACKBONE is at 6, managing to overtake Timeless near the last moments. Please Please Please holds steady at 5, while Die with a Smile at 4 is close behind Espresso at 3, with only a 100 sales gap. Good Luck, Babe! is spending its fifth week at no. 2, and Sabrina Carpenter’s Taste continues dominating at no. 1, with a solid lead over the rest of the competition.

RE-ENTRIES

Now that the top 10 is out of the way, let’s check out the re-entries:

98 - Call Your Mom - Noah Kahan
(Why is Noah suddenly back? Including Stick Season climbing back into the top 40? Not complaining, just curious.)

95 - Riptide - Vance Joy
(Not surprised this re-entered for the umpteenth week.)

90 - Pink Skies - Zach Bryan
(This really isn’t that special, people need to calm down about it.)

78 - Fuel - Eminem/JID
(Oh great, more Eminem... ?)

NEW ENTRIES

96 - N O C H I L L - PARTYNEXTDOOR
Nothing memorable here for me. It’s like Chris Brown but worse. The vocals and backbeat were meh at best. The only reason people stuck around was the hyper-sexualized video. It’s baffling why this took months after its release to chart. Skip it.

93 - Midnight Cowboy - JADE
JADE, this is not it. I get it's experimental, but nothing about this works. If I didn't know this artist had a previous no.1, I'd assume this was Charli XCX knockoff. Solo career isn't it, you need to rejoin Little Mix.

69 - Stars Will Align - Kygo/Imagine Dragons
Yeah, saw this coming. Kygo and Imagine Dragons together, creating a pop song that sounds like something Coldplay would do. Bland, predictable, and honestly, why are people pushing it to 69? This is just... meh.

65 - Cold Hearted World 3 - Nines/Marnz Malone
How do you talk about serious issues, death, and then toss in a line about intercourse in one song? It’s mid. I find most modern rap bad, and this didn’t change my mind.

59 - Lights Camera Action - Kylie Minogue
Had to endure this twice. What garbage. If this is the lead single from the new album, I hope it’s a retirement album. 2024 has been a rough year for Kylie, and this song continues that streak. No surprise this dropped around 30 spots from the first look.

39 - Going Crazy - Nines
This feels like picking up a random book and rapping it. This second entry from Nines this week is less promising than the first, and that one wasn’t great either. Nothing memorable here.

7 - Timeless - The Weeknd/Playboi Carti
This song isn’t “Timeless” at all. I listened to it once when it dropped, and I don’t plan to listen again. It was glitchy and poorly made. As long as Carti fans shove this in our faces, he'll remain relevant. If this makes it onto The Weeknd’s new album, we might be in for a disappointing record.

---

OTHER NOTABLE CHART MOVES:

Wonderwall took a massive drop out of the top 40 to 87.

Benson Boone lifts 14 spots to 84 with Pretty Slowly.

Don Toliver climbs 15 spots up to 73 with New Drop.

Slow It Down drops from 22 to 54.

Diet Pepsi continues its viral surge, up 15 spots to 22.

Wildflower becomes Billie Eilish’s 5th top 20 song this year.

Heavy Is the Crown by Linkin Park is the highest climber, jumping from 66 to 18.

Good Luck, Babe! has officially spent half a year in the top 100.

---

BEST & WORST ENTRIES:

NEW ENTRIES RANKED:

1. Stars Will Align - Kygo/Imagine Dragons (Even though it's cheap)

2. Lights Camera Action - Kylie Minogue

3. N O C H I L L - PARTYNEXTDOOR

4. Cold Hearted World 3 - Nines/Marnz Malone

5. Going Crazy - Nines

6. Midnight Cowboy - JADE

7. Timeless - The Weeknd/Playboi Carti (Worst)

---

WHOLE TOP 100:

BEST: The Door - Teddy Swims

WORST: Guess - Charli XCX/Billie Eilish

---

NEXT WEEK'S FINAL PREDICTIONS / FIRST LOOK:

We’ll see if Moon Music by Coldplay has more charting success. Expect a boost for FeelsLikeImFallingInLove and We Pray, with a possible debut for their new single All My Love.

For no.1, it’ll most likely be another battle between Taste and Good Luck, Babe!. Highly doubt the Coldplay album will have a serious impact, same with the FINNEAS album.

There’s also a slight chance Lady Gaga gets lucky with her new Joker song, but considering her last album flopped, it’s doubtful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Lap (BY Rod wave) album review Mellope 2 195 2 hours ago
Last Post: Mellope
  Hot 100 Summary & Review 15.10.24 #2 Mellope 0 15 Yesterday, 19:44
  UK TOP 100 SUMMARY & REVIEW 12.10.24 #2 Mellope 4 60 13-10-2024, 10:38
  NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW 11.10.24 #2 Mellope 1 75 12-10-2024, 08:14
  US Billboard Hot 100 8.10.24 Summary & Review Mellope 5 153 11-10-2024, 07:21
  A Modern Day distraction - Jake Bugg (Album review) Mellope 2 121 11-10-2024, 07:20
  NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW Mellope 2 160 07-10-2024, 15:41
  Coldplay's Moon Music (DELUXE) Album Review Mellope 0 104 07-10-2024, 15:32
Wink Coldplay's Moon Music Album Review Mellope 2 174 07-10-2024, 15:27
  New Green Day album review jacksonreviews 0 675 28-09-2016, 17:34
Last Post: jacksonreviews