Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golden Globe Awards News
from billboard

Freshman show "Glee" won top TV honors at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday night (Jan. 17), taking home the award for best musical or comedy television series over such veteran shows as "The Office," "30 Rock" and "Entourage."

"Thank you to the Hollywood Foreign Press and Miss Barbra Streisand," said "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy during his acceptance speech, as the cast celebrated behind him. "We would like to thank all the wonderful people who actually thought a musical would work on primetime televsion."

Though "Glee" won the biggest award in its category, it lost the other three awards for which its cast members were nominated. Leah Michele ceded best actress in a musical or comedy series to Toni Colette from "The United States of Tara," while Chloe Sevigny of "Big Love" won best supporting actress over Jane Lynch. Matthew Morrison, who earlier this week inked a label deal with Mercury Records, lost in the best actor category to Alec Baldwin of "30 Rock."

Singers Christina Aguilera and Cher presented the award for best original song in a motion picture to T Bone Burnett and Ryan Bingham, for their song "The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart)" from the film "Crazy Heart." Burnett and Bingham beat out nominees including U2 (for the song "Winter," from the film "Brothers") and Paul McCartney (for "I Want to Come Home," from "Everybody's Fine.").

McCartney did have a moment at the podium, however, when the former Beatle presented the award for best animated motion picture. "My name is Paul McCartney -- or as I'm known now, that guy from 'Rock Band,'" he joked.

Later, best drama presenter Julia Roberts bragged about sharing a table with the musical legend. "If you want attention, sit next to Paul McCartney," she said. "I've never had so many texts in my life."

Yeah Yeah Yeahs frontwoman Karen O was nominated for best original score in a motion picture with Carter Burwell, but the pair lost to Michael Giacchino, the composer who created the score for "Up."

As for the Golden Globe winners in the top film and acting categories, current top-grossing movie "Avatar" won best drama, while summer blockbuster "The Hangover" won best comedy or musical. Sandra Bullock and Jeff Bridges took home best actress and actor for their roles in "The Blind Side" and "Crazy Heart," respectively.

The 67th annual Golden Globe awards were hosted by comedian Ricky Gervais and broadcast live on NBC from Beverly Hills, Calif.

I completely forgot they were on. I wanted to watch to see Ricky Gervais. He always steals the show at any awards show he presents at. To see him host would be perfect.
i was a little bit shocked at some of the winners, but the biggest part i was happy about was glee, up, and robert downey jr. for holmes!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Brits Awards - major winners CRAZY-HORSE 2 403 09-02-2022, 12:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  ABBA news! CRAZY-HORSE 4 798 03-09-2021, 08:54
Last Post: Ruby
  MUSIC NEWS: Steve Winwood to release his first "live" album CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,431 01-09-2017, 13:55
Last Post: SteveO
  new PINK album news: CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,213 13-08-2017, 01:31
  MUSIC NEWS: new Waterboys album on the way... CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,072 30-06-2017, 13:54
  Olivia Newton-John news: CRAZY-HORSE 0 777 30-05-2017, 23:25
  2017 Brit Awards CRAZY-HORSE 0 894 23-02-2017, 18:55
  2016 ARIA Awards CRAZY-HORSE 0 629 24-11-2016, 01:16
  American Music Awards 2016 Music Head 2 1,114 22-11-2016, 03:06
Last Post: SteveO
  43rd Annual Juno Awards - Canadian Music Awards 2014 SteveO 5 1,470 25-07-2016, 16:43
Last Post: bob_32_116