Posts: 387
Threads: 67
Joined: Oct 2009
obviously as i work in theatre, i am really quite interested in which shows people have seen, and what they thought of them, and if there are any coming up?
i saw avenue q last night, and am looking forward to seeing legally Blonde at some point in the future.
my favourite musical so far has beem Wicked and i have seen it around 16 times
we can conquer this great divide-hanson
Posts: 572
Threads: 52
Joined: Sep 2009
I very much want to see Jersey Boys.
Heard the Legally Blonde promos on the radio, but still might want to watch it.. as the movie was neat & fun.
Posts: 387
Threads: 67
Joined: Oct 2009
carbon_psycho Wrote:I very much want to see Jersey Boys.
Heard the Legally Blonde promos on the radio, but still might want to watch it.. as the movie was neat & fun.
Jersey Boys is a brilliant show-certainly one to see if you love frankie Valli and the four seasons (naturally) there are a couple of 241 offers on that at the moment actually ;0)
from what i have heard, Legally Blonde does exactly what it says on the tin and provides a good night out (and i am not just saying that cause i work for the company-cause i haven't seen the show yet):biggrin:
i actually went to see Bad Girls the musical, based on the tv series, amnd all i can say to that is oh dear....
we can conquer this great divide-hanson
Posts: 954
Threads: 182
Joined: Dec 2007
The Jersey boys is perhaps the best musical I have seen in London. I have also, We will rock you, and Sister Act. The music and singing was great in both, but storyline didn't do it for me.
With Regards...
Anthony :coffee:
Posts: 387
Threads: 67
Joined: Oct 2009
lol i hated we will rock you, love the music of Queen but this just didn't do it for me.
sister act wasn't too bad, but not one of the best out there, and certainly no where near as good as the film:biggrin:
we can conquer this great divide-hanson
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
A woeful response from me, but thought I'd contribute:
The only musical I've seen was Starlight Express about 25 years ago. Very loud, a bit of a spectacle, but musically banal.
Musical Theatre doesn't do much for me, sorry this is a bit negative...
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
I saw The Sound Of Music on tv
Does that count?
Posts: 387
Threads: 67
Joined: Oct 2009
Tiggi Wrote:A woeful response from me, but thought I'd contribute:
The only musical I've seen was Starlight Express about 25 years ago. Very loud, a bit of a spectacle, but musically banal.
Musical Theatre doesn't do much for me, sorry this is a bit negative...
Music Head Wrote:I saw The Sound Of Music on tv
Does that count?
both count :biggrin: starlight express i didn't see but from what i heard was a spectical and the sound of music is a classic :biggrin:
i have seen a whole lot more bad musical theatre than i have seen good....
we can conquer this great divide-hanson
Posts: 954
Threads: 182
Joined: Dec 2007
kerry101 Wrote:lol i hated we will rock you, love the music of Queen but this just didn't do it for me.
sister act wasn't too bad, but not one of the best out there, and certainly no where near as good as the film:biggrin:
I came to the same conclusion as you. Did you know that the Sister Act musical contains none of the music from the movie due to copyright issues. So they made an entirely new set for the musical.
With Regards...
Anthony :coffee:
Posts: 387
Threads: 67
Joined: Oct 2009
ambernector Wrote:I came to the same conclusion as you. Did you know that the Sister Act musical contains none of the music from the movie due to copyright issues. So they made an entirely new set for the musical.
lol yeah which was why i hadn't wanted to go and see it.......i mean it wasn't too bad at all really, but i di prefer the film
lol theatre is really milking valentines day-£85 a ticket to see legally blonde ( i know i sold a guy 2 of them and a hotel room...i mean that cost £400!!!! )
we can conquer this great divide-hanson