31-01-2010, 12:51
from music news
![[Image: nick-jonas.jpg]](http://www.music-news.com/images/news/nick-jonas.jpg)
Nick Jonas doesnât want to make Jonas Brothers fans cry with his new music.
The 17-year-old star â who formed Nick Jonas and the Administration, a side project to his usual group last year â is worried his current fan base will be upset when he releases upcoming album 'Who I Amâ.
He said: 'I just prefer to make people happy with my music. I prefer to see a smile on someoneâs face after I sing a song.'
Nick admits his solo effort isnât as light-hearted as the material he records with his brothers, Joe and Kevin, and is more reflective of his own musical tastes.
He told VMAN magazine: 'My real musical discovery started when I was 10 with Stevie Wonder and the Jackson 5, and acts that I connected with because they were young when they were doing it, like me.
'Then I kind of came into my own a couple of years later, I found new artists â like the Kings of Leon - that shaped my musical landscape.'
Although he is excited by his new project, Nick â who is joined in the group by three members of Prince's band, the New Power Generation â wonât be turning his back on his brothers for good.
He recently said: "My thought is the two can definitely exist. For me, 2010 will be a year of learning. We all have individual things we'll be doing and just learning how to balance each one of our individual dreams along with our dreams together."
![[Image: nick-jonas.jpg]](http://www.music-news.com/images/news/nick-jonas.jpg)
Nick Jonas doesnât want to make Jonas Brothers fans cry with his new music.
The 17-year-old star â who formed Nick Jonas and the Administration, a side project to his usual group last year â is worried his current fan base will be upset when he releases upcoming album 'Who I Amâ.
He said: 'I just prefer to make people happy with my music. I prefer to see a smile on someoneâs face after I sing a song.'
Nick admits his solo effort isnât as light-hearted as the material he records with his brothers, Joe and Kevin, and is more reflective of his own musical tastes.
He told VMAN magazine: 'My real musical discovery started when I was 10 with Stevie Wonder and the Jackson 5, and acts that I connected with because they were young when they were doing it, like me.
'Then I kind of came into my own a couple of years later, I found new artists â like the Kings of Leon - that shaped my musical landscape.'
Although he is excited by his new project, Nick â who is joined in the group by three members of Prince's band, the New Power Generation â wonât be turning his back on his brothers for good.
He recently said: "My thought is the two can definitely exist. For me, 2010 will be a year of learning. We all have individual things we'll be doing and just learning how to balance each one of our individual dreams along with our dreams together."

