Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Name this tune and singer please.
#1
It is at the moment on the advertising flash of Vampire Diaries which I don't watch so don't know whether this is a theme tune. Part of the words are
"I will make you happy, make your dreams come true ... I will go the end of the earth for you to prove my love"
Any ideas?
All the world is mad except thee and me but even thee's a little odd!
Reply
#2
Could be this ..........it contains the correct lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnn9JlqqTE4
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#3
Garth Brooks has a remake version also. Here
Reply
#4
Thanks Guys. Must say I prefer the Adele version altho' would like the Garth B one if it didn't have the film background and bits of in it.
Another weepie for me! lol!
All the world is mad except thee and me but even thee's a little odd!
Reply
#5
Wonder if you know what the meaning of some of the lyrics are? I don't like playing music that has a very negative side to it and am interested in finding out what this line means -something about - being black and blue and crawling down the avenue!...?
All the world is mad except thee and me but even thee's a little odd!
Reply
#6
verse 1 - when life's got you down i'll be there to comfort you
verse 2 - you don't have to be alone
verse 3 - i'm trying to convince you to that you belong with me
verse 4 - I'd go be miserable for you
verse 5 - It won't be easy
verse 6 - but i'll do anything for you
Reply
#7
Scars Wrote:verse 1 - when life's got you down i'll be there to comfort you
verse 2 - you don't have to be alone
verse 3 - i'm trying to convince you to that you belong with me
verse 4 - I'd go be miserable for you
verse 5 - It won't be easy
verse 6 - but i'll do anything for you

Errrm? Not really getting the drift if you know what I mean?
Why the "black and blue" connotation?
All the world is mad except thee and me but even thee's a little odd!
Reply
#8
"I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue,
I'd go crawling down the avenue.
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do"

It's just an example of what the singer would do to let the person know that she loves him. "Black and Blue" are dark colors so it could either mean unhappy or physically bruised. "Crawling down the avenue" if your crawling down a street it's probably because your injured or in pain, so if it is metaphorical they're talking about the path they would take for a person. So basically they would be miserable for the person to feel their love.

Of course since it is all pretty vague only the author can really tell us what they meant.
Reply
#9
The phrase 'black and blue' means bruised
Reply
#10
goth metal raver Wrote:The phrase 'black and blue' means bruised

Yes thankyou! I am aware of that! My concern is that if it was implying that she would still yearn after this person after having been beaten by him - that's not a good message to put out. Having had a violent OH I am very against that sort of message.
All the world is mad except thee and me but even thee's a little odd!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There’s a song I’m trying to find on YouTube, yet I don’t know the name or singer AtomHeartBrother 2 4,092 08-01-2024, 21:06
Last Post: AtomHeartBrother
  Identify that tune. skett 0 1,093 10-12-2016, 09:50
Last Post: skett
  Who sings this tune? FrostBite 1 1,495 09-11-2015, 06:12
Last Post: Clueless
  WHAT IS THIS TUNE...Have been Looking for a while zebraandthebandit 0 1,263 22-09-2015, 00:19
Last Post: zebraandthebandit
  This is possibly a Tom & Jerry tune...? 12tn2 2 1,484 03-09-2015, 10:39
Last Post: 12tn2
  Searching name of song with happy tune HELP mrseaturtle 2 2,419 29-12-2014, 13:21
Last Post: mrseaturtle
  Babysitter's tune UncleNorman 0 967 09-08-2014, 02:14
Last Post: UncleNorman
  Can anyone identify the tune? Observer.eine 0 866 31-07-2014, 22:20
Last Post: Observer.eine
  What is the name of this epic tune! From this commercial CJF332 0 876 06-05-2014, 22:54
Last Post: CJF332
  Where can i get this tune Amanda played that attracted Kyle maestro 0 1,187 16-08-2013, 13:32
Last Post: maestro

Forum Jump: