Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Favorite Blues Songs
#1
i would have to say by artist

Albert Collins- Master Charge, When The Welfare Turns It's Back On You
Muddy Waters- I Want You To Love Me, Rollin Stone
B.B. King- The Thrill Is Gone, Boogie Woogies Woman


[url=http://www.musicbanter.com/jazz-blues/7629-favorite-blues-songs-artist-hands-johnson.html#ixzz16pJmzSiY][/url]
Reply
#2
I like BB's The Thrill is Gone as well.

Also,

- Mannish Boy, Hoochie Coochie Man, & Champagne & Reefer, by Muddy Waters
- Boom Boom by John Lee Hooker
- Smokestack Lightnin' by Howlin' Wolf
- Red House by Jimi Hendrix
- Same Old Blues by Eric Clapton
- Cross Road Blues by Robert Johnson

amongst others...
Reply
#3
JJ Cale........................After Midnight.............................Cocaine
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#4
I've just read Clapton's autobiog, and his love for Cale shines through loud & clear.

I wouldn't want too many Cale albums, as he can be a little samey, but I love his Troubadour album.
Reply
#5
Favorite blues song of all time?? Wow..hmm this is a hard one. I would have to go with RedHouse. Followed by Texas Flood
Reply
#6
Like Robert Cray's stuff. And JJ Cale's '5' is brilliant.
Reply
#7
like roseel
Reply
#8
Hooker - I'm Bad (like Jesse James) a few versions
Broonzy - Good liquor gonna carry me down
White - Jitterbug Swing
Dixon - Built for comfort
C. Brown - Black Night is falling
Mama Thornton- You are one black Rat
A. King - I'll play the blues for you
Jimi- Jelly292
Muddy - Cant be satisfied
J. Rogers - Rock this House
Milton - I'll be thinking of you
J. Wells - Chitlin Con Carne
Waller- Fats Waller's original E-flat blues
O. Rush - She's a good'un
J Winter - Mean town Blues
Allman - Statesboro blues
L. Walter - Tell me Mama
Clapton - no. )
Reply
#9
Some of my personal favorites are:
John Lee hooker - Boom Boom
BB King - The Thrill is Gone
Jimi Hendrix - Voodo Chile
Joe Bonamassa - Sloe Gin
Santana - Blues for Salvador
Ray Charles - Sinner's Prayer
Buddy Guy - You're Damn Right i Got The Blues!
BB King - How Blue Can You Get
Reply
#10
Robert Johnson - Love in Vain

Son House - Death Letter

Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy

Cream (Clapton) - Crossroads

Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You....to name a few
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: U2 - "songs of surrender" CRAZY-HORSE 4 2,332 28-03-2023, 12:18
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Bret McKenzie "songs without jokes" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,028 04-09-2022, 05:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  I love the blues bluesman 22 11,228 20-10-2021, 08:10
Last Post: JeromeD
  Favorite Jazz Pianists and Drummers? Nick Dilley 19 7,903 09-07-2021, 09:10
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW ALBUM: DAVID KNOPFLER ~ Songs of Loss and Love Ruby 2 1,811 12-01-2021, 07:30
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Barry Manilow - Night Songs II Music Head 1 1,467 03-03-2020, 22:47
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Sting "my songs" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,085 30-05-2019, 11:09
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Morrissey ft: Billie Joe Armstrong "wedding bell blues" CRAZY-HORSE 0 815 25-04-2019, 13:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Barry Manilow - This Is My Town: Songs of New York Music Head 1 1,531 09-05-2017, 02:33
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  New Indian Songs Soniajain 0 1,089 25-02-2017, 06:30
Last Post: Soniajain

Forum Jump: