Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Number 50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#1
50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=714]


Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Here we are at number 50

so here is the link

HapppppppppppppppppppppppY reviewing



http://hotfile.com/dl/91712252/917219f/C...9.rar.html CoolCoolCoolCoolCool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
#2
S**T!!

this is brilliant Gryphon....real soul music.

nice cover as well, the picture was taken at a natural rock formation in West Australia called "wave rock" for obvious reasons, in outback Hyden.

http://westernaustralia.tv/video/241/Pos...-Wave-Rock
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


#3
[FONT=&quot]Charles Bradley[/FONT]…………………[FONT=&quot]No Time For Dreaming[/FONT]

Track One The World ( Is Going Up In Flames ) A soul man is at work here , horns, deep voice and a good groove all add up to a good starting track


Track Two Telephone Song .An interesting idea using effects to start the track, the follow through is smooth piece of soul.


Track Three Golden Rule : Based on a strong riff “Golden Rule” is a classic slab of soul: Its lyrics reflect a loss and its musical form suggest morning for what is lost.


Track Four I Believe In Your Love A nice slow number , showing the singer’s vocal range and tonality.


Track Five Trouble In The Land. Reggae number with soul overtones : Reminded me of the old Trojan sound.


Track Six Lovin’ You Baby . Another, smooth track, which makes good listening from a soul point of view.


Track Seven No Time For Dreaming .Title track , soul track , engaging track.


Track Eight How Long: Another good track with some distinctive vocal work and a solid slow approach.


Track Nine In You ( I Found A Love ) Love, soul and a great horn sound !


Track Ten Why Is It So Hard ? I guess Charles can tell us why and in doing so create a great performance.


Track Eleven Since Our Last Goodbye: I love soul instrumentals and this is great one .


Track Twelve Heartaches and Pain: We are at the last track and I’ve got my hanky out as I liked this album ! Perhaps the title expresses it all.

A good soul album and a good listen, the production techniques remind me of those used in the old fashioned low budget area s and with some of the sixties reggae.
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
#4
Nice Gryphon, will have to check this out. Read a bit about him and so far all I know he is an ex-plumber/James Brown impersonator. D'loading the album as we speak. Should be good!
"Blogging like Jesus, tweet like a Pope
Site traffic heavy, I'm YouTubing hope" - Wire- 'Blogging' 2015

"But me and you were not to blame
Love always returns from where it came
Back to black and in the end,
It's all the same."- Terry Allen 'Back to Black' 1996[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95"]




http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95[/URL]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKpqmg_Xug0qMXDCJ1sdvMw


Forum Jump: