Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Why did you join MD ?
#1
This might be an old idea but I would like to know something about our members

  • Why did you join MD?
  • What were your expectations?
  • Were those expectations fulfilled?
  • Why did you pick this site rather than one of the others?
  • Did you jump straight in and join or did you visit several times and then join?
  • What features attracted you ?
  • Cool:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#2
gryphon Wrote:This might be an old idea but I would like to know something about our members

  • Why did you join MD?
  • What were your expectations?
  • Were those expectations fulfilled?
  • Why did you pick this site rather than one of the others?
  • Did you jump straight in and join or did you visit several times and then join?
  • What features attracted you ?
  • Cool:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

1) to interact with other music lovers
2) to interact with other music lovers
3) to a small degree
4) liked the fact that there were U.K. members
5) yes, the first one
6) it was my first trip into music forums, so just its existence

Reply
#3
[*]Why did you join MD? To interact with other music lovers, and learn about new music.

[*]What were your expectations? To learn about new music.

[*]Were those expectations fulfilled? Indeed, they were.

[*]Why did you pick this site rather than one of the others? This site seemed to be more focused.

[*]Did you jump straight in and join or did you visit several times and then join? I jumped right in.

[*]What features attracted you ? The content of posts.
Reply
#4
gryphon Wrote:This might be an old idea but I would like to know something about our members

  • Why did you join MD?
  • What were your expectations?
  • Were those expectations fulfilled?
  • Why did you pick this site rather than one of the others?
  • Did you jump straight in and join or did you visit several times and then join?
  • What features attracted you ?
  • Cool:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

1. to interact with other music lovers
2. to discover some new artists
3. yes
4. intelligent posts
5. visited the site several times
6. site features? unsure,just the quality of the of conversation
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#5
gryphon Wrote:This might be an old idea but I would like to know something about our members


  • Why did you join MD?
  • What were your expectations?
  • Were those expectations fulfilled?
  • Why did you pick this site rather than one of the others?
  • Did you jump straight in and join or did you visit several times and then join?
  • What features attracted you ?
  • Cool:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

1) To interact with other music lovers and find new music
2) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
3) So far, so good
4)I think I picked this site because after peeking at the posts it seemed like a place with very little bashing of others taste
5)I jumped straight in, then disappeared and came back. I guess I got busy Smile
6)I like that there are people from all over using the site
Reply
#6
gryphon Wrote:
  • Why did you join MD?
  • What were your expectations?
  • Were those expectations fulfilled?
  • Why did you pick this site rather than one of the others?
  • Did you jump straight in and join or did you visit several times and then join?
  • What features attracted you ?
  • Cool:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

1. Honestly, because I was bored.
2. To teach/learn about music
3. Somewhat.
4. I didn't. I belong to many other forums. This is however one of the only ones I still come back and visit.
5. Jump in.
6. Not too sure.
Reply
#7
i think the fact that everybody respects eachothers opinions here and there is no ill feeling between members that makes it a good site to belong to, sure there's the occasional disagreement but it never escalates out of control...even on political subjects it remains 'mature'!!

well done everyone
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#8
gryphon Wrote:This might be an old idea but I would like to know something about our members


  • Why did you join MD?
  • What were your expectations?
  • Were those expectations fulfilled?
  • Why did you pick this site rather than one of the others?
  • Did you jump straight in and join or did you visit several times and then join?
  • What features attracted you ?
  • Cool:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:


  • Why did you join MD? I was looking for a forum to visit to discuss music.
  • What were your expectations? A variety of people sharing opinions and recommending new (to me) music.
  • Were those expectations fulfilled? So far so good.
  • Why did you pick this site rather than one of the others? There is an obvious effort to be open-minded about several types of music and because of this there seems to be much less troll activity on this site compared to others.
  • Did you jump straight in and join or did you visit several times and then join? I visited before, and watched to see if it was what it appeared to be.
  • What features attracted you ? Organized into a lot of sections with activity in each section - variety is the key. A lot is happening here and I want to watch, listen and discuss too.
Reply
#9
^ Good feedback. Thanks, Evil.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#10
yes it is good feedback, nice to hear from someone relatively 'new' here
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you could join any band, what band would you join? Mormo Zine 40 11,650 27-03-2015, 11:54
Last Post: SteveO
  New notice to entice visitors to join. techman 4 1,999 27-11-2010, 05:37
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: