Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neil Young beginners guide....
....is on its way shortly, ive finally built up the courage to attempt this mammoth task from the first Buffalo Springfield album,including CSNY studio albums, through to "le noise" from 2010 in chronological release order.Cool

the format will be the same as the Paul Weller beginners guide including a rating for each individual track and album.:nod:

....wish me luck, i'll need it as there's some 50 something albums to listen to and post.:eek:
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Looking forward to this !
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
that should keep you busy for the winter
it is approaching winter there, right?

Music Head Wrote:that should keep you busy for the winter
it is approaching winter there, right?

sure is MH but not winter as the rest of you guys know winter, more like your mid to late spring
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Wow...

I admire your stamina. Go to it, man...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Hey Crazy,

I can't wait for this. I'm interested how TRANS will make out. I loved it.

I remember when it came out everyone replied "Yeeeech". .....I didn't.
(Does anyone think that the lead singer Win Butler of Arcade Fire sounds something like Neil ?)

SteveO
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
SteveO Wrote:Hey Crazy,

I can't wait for this. I'm interested how TRANS will make out. I loved it.

I remember when it came out everyone replied "Yeeeech". .....I didn't.
(Does anyone think that the lead singer Win Butler of Arcade Fire sounds something like Neil ?)

SteveO

feel free to add any comment to any albums i review SteveO, its not a Neil Young "bible" of facts, although facts will be a part of my opinion of anything i post and all opinionns of my opinions are taken without offence!
i haveny heard much of Arcade Fire to say yay or nay??? the singer of My Morning Jacket does at times sound very NY'ish IMO.
"trans" is an interesting album,theres a very good reason he used a vocorder to alter his vocals on that one...i'll laeve the reason to the review...the album makes perfect sense when it is explained,and without that reason nothing about the album makes sense, last time i heard the album i enjoyed it for the most part, but as with all reviews they will be subject to the listening i give it on that day i post......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil Young has issue with bootleggers CRAZY-HORSE 1 403 10-04-2022, 15:08
Last Post: Ruby
  lost Neil Young/Joni Mitchell tapes from 1968 discovered! CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,095 15-03-2021, 08:08
Last Post: Jerome
  Neil Finn's Bowie cover. CRAZY-HORSE 0 513 11-04-2020, 06:00
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEIL YOUNG loses home in Californian fires.. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,325 13-11-2018, 13:23
Last Post: Music Head
  interesting Rolling Stone magazine Q & A with Neil Young: CRAZY-HORSE 0 952 25-04-2018, 23:34
  Uncut magazine Neil Young 'ultimate guide' CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,356 10-02-2017, 16:39
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Some die young MFS 3 1,271 19-12-2016, 08:10
Last Post: MFS
  72 year old singer with young voice!!! amazing!!!!!!! gov 1 1,130 12-08-2016, 12:53
Last Post: iyouandme25
  Neil Young "no where, no way" to play protest songs today CRAZY-HORSE 0 981 21-06-2016, 14:12
  The New Young Singer (Didar) Come! Kcha Jwankilaka 0 989 09-06-2016, 04:01
Last Post: Kcha Jwankilaka