Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grooveshark
Apparently I live under a rock because I just found out about Grooveshark. How does everyone else like it? I think I might prefer it to Pandora. Not sure yet, still playing with it.
I've just created an account, Trace.

Like you, this is all news to me. I have quite a few albums on my laptop for investigation at the moment, but Grooveshark looks good for carrying this on.

One thing I don't like is that quite a few of the albums have tracks missing, and it seems more set up for streaming individual tracks. I'm an album kinda guy. I may end up reverting to Spotify, although they're starting to limit the amount you can stream every month. I believe Spotify is heading to the States, so that could be worth investigating ?!

I'll see how it goes when I start to use it more regularly...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
You know I nearly forgot about it. I have to revisit and see if I like it. I notice it doesn't play a lot of mainstream hits. I end up hearing songs from groups I like that I've never heard before. That's kind of nice.
I've abandoned Grooveshark.

We7 is available in the UK (Peter Gabriel from Genesis is involved, apparently), and this is similar to Spotify without the streaming limit. They seem to have a huge selection of music.

The only minus is that royalties are paid through advertising, so you have to endure adverts periodically.

Might have found my music previewing home...

Unknown
So I can't create an account from the U.S. ?
At the moment it only appears to be The UK & Ireland.

Try Googling WE7 from where you are Tracy...

Unknown
I did and it asked for my postal code and then just sort of got stuck. I don't think the website recognizes my postal code!
You can access these if you use a program like Expat shield ( just google it) if you run this it will give you a UK IP address and then it will fool the program or server into thinking you are from the UK

here is the Expat shield url

http://download.cnet.com/Expat-Shield/30...11377.html
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Thanks, I'll have to try that!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Site where you can make playlists of songs that they host - don't say grooveshark plz bare 5 1,326 03-10-2011, 17:40
Last Post: Tiggi
  Grooveshark emery7 0 743 19-07-2011, 16:45
Last Post: emery7