Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requiem by Mozart
If this thread has been done already, please accept my apologies and relocate it to the appropriate forum.

I deemed this song to be worthy of its own separate thread.

I admit a bit of bias, as this is not only my favorite classical piece, but my all-time favorite song of any genre.

There is a lot of controversy and intrigue regarding how much of the complete work is of Mozart's creation or other minds. That, to me, makes this even more of a great work.

I can listen to this all day. This song captivates my mind and soothes me like no other. This is not music---it is magic.

This is a phenomenal video via Youtube. It is a fifty-three plus minute of the classic masterpiece. In the details at the link, it gives a complete description of each movement. One of the best Youtube submissions yet.

Please give your opinion of the piece. Do you consider it a top ten piece in the classical realm? If not, where do you rank it?

Enjoy.

[video=youtube;mHbgt3e-TC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHbgt3e-TC8[/video]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grand piano - turkish march - mozart JoanAlfonsPiano 0 1,077 27-03-2015, 23:11
Last Post: JoanAlfonsPiano
  Scores of Mozart, Schubert, Liszt, Rodrigo, Handel, Vivaldi and more! Teo 0 1,143 20-07-2012, 17:05
Last Post: Teo
  Mozart's big mass in C minor gretedk 1 1,362 21-01-2012, 04:18
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Epic Requiem For a Dream Quartet asluk1011 2 1,808 01-01-2012, 08:05
Last Post: Comet
  John Tavener........The Whale And Celtic Requiem gryphon 1 1,288 13-09-2011, 11:21
Last Post: dolby