Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How much music do you listen to?
#1
There are so many people on this forum who seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of music - more than I can ever imagine having.

So I'd love to know - how come?

How much time are you able to devote to listening?

I usually only really get to listen when I'm driving - so probably about an hour and a half a day (I will also plead one of the worst memories known to man as a mitigating factor in my ignorance!).
Reply
#2
I'm prolly not much different. Usually reckon on one or two albums each & every night, and get the severe grumps if anything disturbs my schedule.

I also frequent a hi-fi forum, and some of the members there must listen to 4 - 5 hours per day.
Reply
#3
According to Last.fm automatic Badges, I'm listening to 178 tracks per week.
Reply
#4
I listen to more news radio (NPR) when I'm in the car to/from work. When I'm home at night I listen to music constantly. Unless I'm watching a movie. So... two to three hours a night on average? I also devote a few hours a week to listening to podcasts on my iPod while I'm at the coffee house.

My knowledge of music does not come just from listening. I read a lot about music. There are several websites, blogs and magazines that I read daily.
Reply
#5
I am nearly constantly listening to music, i would average at maybe 6 hours a day....

Music is my life!
Reply
#6
I probably listen to music 3-4 hours a day on average.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#7
I listen to the radio pretty much every day while at work. Now, this usually means all those overly played chart toppers, so that by the time my work day is done I could just PUKE! Confusedtraightface:

So my evenings are usually made up of indulging in one of the MANY CD's sent to me on a regular basis. Some are very well known artists, others not, but ALL are usually very good. I find myself VERY lucky to have lots of talented folks come my way, introducing their music to me.

As insinkerator said, Music is my life and I wrap myself around it as much as I can. :coffee:
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says ...
'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

http://www.theportalmagazine.com
http://www.myspace.com/theportalmagazine
http://www.twitter.com/theportalmag
http://www.myspace.com/sweetcjfan
Reply
#8
about 2-3 hours a day
Reply
#9
I would average around 2 hours a day. I am on the road everyday driving to see customers, so I listen to the radio and my ipod whenever possible.
With Regards...


Anthony :coffee:
Reply
#10
I've pretty much listened to music nonstop all summer. At least ten albums a day. Sometimes more than that. I've found a ton of music to keep myself satisfied and occupied. It adds so much to my day. Inspires me, etc...
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,655 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,271 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,385 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,956 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,809 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,792 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,412 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,654 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,205 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,689 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: