Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Didn't know
#1
Young's lyrics 'it's better to burn out than to fade away' were included in Kurt Cobain's suicide note.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#2
Bob Dylan's Lay Lady Lay is a song about his dog !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#3
Jerome Wrote:Young's lyrics 'it's better to burn out than to fade away' were included in Kurt Cobain's suicide note.

yes that is correct Jerome...

Neil and Kurt had spoken about a possible collaboration just months prior to his death but the times had never coincided whereby they could meet, after hearing that the suicide note contained those lines, NY was absolutely beside himself,took it real bad for a few months...
the following year after his death Young used Pearl Jam as his band on Mirrorball, maybe this was what he had in mind for Nirvana, but i guess we'll never know now.

as a footnote NY thought "nevermind" was the greatest album since Never Mind The Bollocks....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#4
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:yes that is correct Jerome...

Neil and Kurt had spoken about a possible collaboration just months prior to his death but the times had never coincided whereby they could meet, after hearing that the suicide note contained those lines, NY was absolutely beside himself,took it real bad for a few months...
the following year after his death Young used Pearl Jam as his band on Mirrorball, maybe this was what he had in mind for Nirvana, but i guess we'll never know now.

as a footnote NY thought "nevermind" was the greatest album since Never Mind The Bollocks....

I have 'Nevermind' lying around the house somewhere but I never play it. In fact I can't stand it. (Sorry Nirvana fans). I find it totally over-hyped. Maybe it's just how my brain works but I cannot see what all the fuss was about.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#5
Jerome Wrote:I have 'Nevermind' lying around the house somewhere but I never play it. In fact I can't stand it. (Sorry Nirvana fans). I find it totally over-hyped. Maybe it's just how my brain works but I cannot see what all the fuss was about.

im the same Jerome...just dont see what all the fuss is over?!?!?!?!, love their "unplugged" album though, their songs come over really well in an acoustic setting.

overall, i simply do not like Grunge, except Foo Fighters,who basically were Nirvana, i guess.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#6
hello everybody Smile
Reply
#7
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:im the same Jerome...just dont see what all the fuss is over?!?!?!?!, love their "unplugged" album though, their songs come over really well in an acoustic setting.

overall, i simply do not like Grunge, except Foo Fighters,who basically were Nirvana, i guess.

First Hendrix, now Nevermind.
Next you'll be telling me Hotel California is not one of the greatest albums ever made.
Reply
#8
dont like The Eagles at all...you know that LOL...and America(the band)....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#9
I love Nirvana but I can see how they are one of those 'you had to be there bands' There was crap to listen to at the time that Jane's addiction, Nirvana and Pearl Jam came out. If you were a kid (like I was) it was amazing. We were hungry for something different and we got it.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Reply
#10
Well said Trace! The same feelings were among the youth when The Beatles came on the scene ! You had to be there and I am very glad I was!
TraceNspace Wrote:I love Nirvana but I can see how they are one of those 'you had to be there bands' There was crap to listen to at the time that Jane's addiction, Nirvana and Pearl Jam came out. If you were a kid (like I was) it was amazing. We were hungry for something different and we got it.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me find out the name of the song (shazam didn't find it) Marek Hussin 0 1,173 19-07-2015, 18:09
Last Post: Marek Hussin

Forum Jump: