Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
[Image: 220px-The_Art_Garfunkel_Album_cover.jpeg]

ART GARFUNKEL  "the art garfunkel album" cd. 1984

compilation...
only thing of his that i own...
love his voice, love the control he has over it also..
great selection of songs for the most part, loving or liking everything on here...
I LOVE THIS ALBUM

only single of his i ever purchased is still my favourite:

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

[Image: 220px-The_Woman%27s_Boat.jpg]

TONI CHILDS  "the woman's boat" cd, 1994

her third of six and final to chart anywhere (#24 AU)...
if i am going to be honest this is not a patch on her first two albums IMO.
very lacklustre and blah-blah, that said i still love her voice and unique vocal tones...
I LIKE THIS ALBUM (but barely)

only single released from it (cool live version IMO)

They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Must say - I never expected to be posting Franco Mussida in this thread ... but here we are! Jazz/rock is why. Felt like something a little off the beaten track and stumbled upon this because of one track  "Himalaya" and the strikingly simple yet effective imagery - Racconti della tenda rossi (Tales from the red tent) ...  

[Image: NC0yMTgwLmpwZWc.jpeg]

I'm not crazy about the whole album but there are at least four decent tracks - some quite experimental and not necessarily what one might expect from a giant of Italian progressive rock with genius guitar skills. Anyhoo - I don't mind the language barrier and there are a couple of nice instrumentals so it was interesting, and now I know - and I kinda like that it wasn't formulaic. The track that piqued my interest ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
[Image: 220px-Life_thru_a_Lens_cover.png]

ROBBIE WILLIAMS  "life thru a lens" cd,  1997

ex-boy band member (Take That)...
his debut solo album...
soft rock, easy listening and pop-rock is what i would call it but the experts label it "britpop" also...
contains his signature tune "angels" and the concert crowd pleaser "let me entertain you"...
yet these two songs are only two of an excellent set of songs
I LOVE THIS ALBUM

i will choose a single to post because i love his videos:

[Image: B13e138kdiL._AC_UL320_.jpg]

COLIN HAY  "now and the evermore"  2022

borrowed from a work colleague as a recommendation...
ex lead vocals/writer for Men At Work...
its easy to blink and miss his fourteen album solo career...
ive previously heard a couple of his early solo albums and they werent too bad (slightly folkie)...
this one is still folkie but also contains soft-blues rock...
the voice is still recognisable and i think the songs are well constructed but...
they are much too much of a muchness, that said, im not going to knock the guy as he is still out there after 40 odd years recording/touring and a regular member of Ringo Starr's All-Starr Band so cudo's  to someone who could have easily retired in 1984 to live off the royalties of "down under", 
album is quite reflective in nature and isnt bad overall
I LIKE THIS ALBUM

title track:

[Image: 220px-HarryStyles-albumcover.png]

HARRY STYLES  "harry styles"  cd, 2017

his debut solo album after leaving One Direction...
a couple of ballads but mainly soft rock on this one and a touch of pop...
a solid album indeed (i should really rank his albums and the 1-D albums also),
i guess his could be called a guilty pleasure as i own all five One direction albums and all three of his solo albums...
album ranks at 2.4
I LOVE THIS ALBUM

his debut solo single:

Having a lovely soft rock wallow in Dan Fogelberg's The Innocent Age. Many good songs on this double album - from a much saner era! Talented songwriter and musician - gone way too soon. 

The epic closer - reminds me a bit of Shawn Phillips ... 

And one for MH ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
[Image: 220px-Harry_Styles_-_Fine_Line.png]

HARRY STYLES  "fine line" cd, 2019

his second solo album...
soft rock/easy listening for the most part with a splash of pop for good measure...
first half of the album is fairly predictable with its sounds but the second half gets a bit more interesting...
hearing some Neil Finn influences on here and there and i must say that the non-single tracks are the best IMO.
nothing to dislike on here and plenty to love, album would rate a healthy 2.4, same as his debut but a couple of the standout tracks eclipse everything on that other album
I LOVE THIS ALBUM (but i dislike the cover art)

favourite has a video yet wasnt released as a single.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bossa Nova Covers - Easy Listening - Background Music feedme 4 2,677 14-07-2015, 21:11
Last Post: feedme
  Ur listening which country music ? Honey Singh 8 3 1,663 12-02-2014, 08:54
Last Post: Nhan Nguyen
  What are you listening to? josie 6 3,932 25-07-2008, 16:22
Last Post: vinyldisc