Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was the first album you ever bought?
The Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid. Such a cool album cover, a gatefold too. And I was obsessed with ancient Egypt at the time. 

[Image: 220px-The_Alan_Parsons_Project_-_Pyramid.jpg]

Followed closely by Dark Side of the Moon ...
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
The first album that I remember getting is What Do I Do With Me from Tanya Tucker the year that she released that album. I was only nine years old then.

God bless you and Miss T always!!!

Holly (a fan of her ever since)
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
The Doors first album
Strange as it will appear to many of you, as a pre-teenager I was never exposed to anything other than classical music, and the odd musical my parents dragged me to under protest. Commencing pipe organ studies at age 6 also had a profound effect on me, still does. So when a friend invited me into his home to listen to ‘some new stuff’ I was exposed to Bill Halley and His Comets performing ‘Rock around the Clock’. I was totally horrified thinking the human race had lost it’s sanity. Even today in my dottage I still loathe early 1950’s white boy rock and roll.
Anyhow, my first LP purchase was made when my Uncle left me his stereo system in his will. It was a seriously state of the art setup so I just had to see how it coped with organ music. Luckily it nearly blew the roof off but I was banned from playing music when my parents were home unless I used earphones.
Anyhow, here’s the offending LP that got me in trouble.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I’m finding this forum’s underlying software a bit confusing. How do I get an image to appear within a post rather than as a link?

[Image: image.png]

Attached Files
.jpg   s-l300.jpg (Size: 23.86 KB / Downloads: 3)
Forum Moderation is often no more than small minded tyranny.
even with Native American in Presley's heritage we call him a white guy...do you not like his 1950s music neither?
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

(06-10-2019, 23:13)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: even with Native American in Presley's heritage we call him a white guy...do you not like his 1950s music neither?
Are you telling us Elvis was part Red Indian? (if that’s the politically correct term these days?)
There’s little of Elvis I do enjoy. When white musicians decided to ‘improve’ the blues they first 'cleaned it up' in a manner that I’ve never been able to enjoy. It wasn’t until LSD and other ‘inspirations’ hit the popular music scene in the US that things started to sound more ‘natural’. I know the term natural’ is a tragic attempt to describe what I hear but that’s the best I can do.
But hey, my perspective is probably warped by a being classical music lover (snob?) never exposed to anything else until Bill Halley and His Commets gave me the horrors at something like age 9. Yes, I’m an ancient old fart who maybe shouldn’t comment on anything later than JS Bach?
his grandmother on his mother's side was Cherokee named Morning Dove (from memory)
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

(07-10-2019, 09:53)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: his grandmother on his mother's side was Cherokee named Morning Dove (from memory)

Well that might explain the good looks.
Never knew that - you learn something every day. And yes, that would account for the good looks.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
^^
yes, his father's ancestry is Scottish.
Presley is also a Scottish name.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  does anyone have this album? CRAZY-HORSE 1 659 24-02-2024, 00:50
Last Post: JeromeD
  My first mandolin album Jozefmandolino 1 780 15-11-2023, 09:46
Last Post: JeromeD
Thumbs Up What is your favorite album of all-time? sing-a-long 5 658 15-10-2023, 00:02
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  Australian album charts 2023: CRAZY-HORSE 37 6,208 23-09-2023, 05:17
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  UK album charts 2023: CRAZY-HORSE 34 4,902 16-09-2023, 07:23
  new old Bob Dylan album... CRAZY-HORSE 0 363 01-06-2023, 11:18
  199 track studio album at 8hrs 43minutes CRAZY-HORSE 1 519 22-04-2023, 12:29
Last Post: Music Head
  best album covers of 2022: CRAZY-HORSE 16 894 03-01-2023, 04:25
  new Roger Waters album anyone? CRAZY-HORSE 6 1,663 04-07-2021, 08:57