Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Best For Making My Own Songs?
Hi everyone! I was recently on a Diablo 3 forum finding out from the people there what are some of the better music creation softwares for making my own music, but I was given a plethora of answers! Among them:

Fruity loops
ableton
protools
logic
goldwave
cubase
propellerheads reason

I'm wondering which of these is best for a beginner, but has room to grow, and knowledge of would eventually help me in the future for creating my own songs with potentially other programs. Please let me know if you have any input. Thanks!

Oh, for the most part I only have my computer + software available. I have a bad microphone, and my keyboard is not PC portable in any way, etc.

-Alan
for your best chance of a well informed reply i suggest you keep looking here for a reply from "Jerome" who knows all things in relation to recording(well, almost?!)
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

sediavindivoh Wrote:Hi everyone! I was recently on a Diablo 3 forum finding out from the people there what are some of the better music creation softwares for making my own music, but I was given a plethora of answers! Among them:

Fruity loops
ableton
protools
logic
goldwave
cubase
propellerheads reason

I'm wondering which of these is best for a beginner, but has room to grow, and knowledge of would eventually help me in the future for creating my own songs with potentially other programs. Please let me know if you have any input. Thanks!

Oh, for the most part I only have my computer + software available. I have a bad microphone, and my keyboard is not PC portable in any way, etc.

-Alan

Alan

ProTools is the industry standard but I have found Samplitude ProX the most versatile one on the market. The thing that sets it apart is it's ability to do object-orientated routines. I don't think any of the others have that. It all depends on your budget. Any of these packages you mention will do what you require. In terms of cost, Logic or Cubase should suffice but if you can afford it Samplitude is well worth the extra money.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Jerome Wrote:Alan

ProTools is the industry standard but I have found Samplitude ProX the most versatile one on the market. The thing that sets it apart is it's ability to do object-orientated routines. I don't think any of the others have that. It all depends on your budget. Any of these packages you mention will do what you require. In terms of cost, Logic or Cubase should suffice but if you can afford it Samplitude is well worth the extra money.

Okay I'll keep that in mind before I make my decision. Thanks very much Jerome Smile
Aahhh yes! "the man" came through for you mate...well done Jerome!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

If you need any further help drop me a mail at jerome@auralscapes.com. I am a hobbyist, so if you are looking for advice I have limited knowledge but it would be helpful to know what type of music you are recording and what you are hoping to achieve. I am an old fart so you have to bear that in mind too. Nevertheless, vesatility in the software is a key element to ensuring that you don't spend hours trying to get the sound you want. If the software does not at least include a decent manual I won't even bother looking at it.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Million Favorite Songs Music Head 125 10,759 14-09-2024, 14:47
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 25,314 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  50 FAVOURITE SONGS/TRACKS Ruby 82 9,544 01-07-2023, 09:50
Last Post: Ruby
  top 20 songs of all time CRAZY-HORSE 49 6,917 10-05-2023, 15:27
Last Post: Joe
  2022 EOY singles/songs lists CRAZY-HORSE 0 845 13-01-2023, 08:12
  Biggest songs/singles of 2021: CRAZY-HORSE 1 499 14-01-2022, 23:04
  posting/labeling songs 'singles' or 'songs' CRAZY-HORSE 1 613 05-02-2021, 11:25
Last Post: Music Head
  Biggest selling songs/singles of 2020. CRAZY-HORSE 2 900 15-01-2021, 21:54
  Xmas songs on UK charts CRAZY-HORSE 0 441 11-12-2020, 23:31
  Best Selling Singles/Songs 2019: CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,276 09-01-2020, 23:56