21-09-2012, 06:15
Are there more haters or lovers of Greenday?? Let me know. Coz I love Greenday and don't know why people just hate them for no reason.
| Poll: You are Lover or A Hater? This poll is closed. |
|||
| Lover | 5 | 62.50% | |
| Hater | 3 | 37.50% | |
| Total | 8 vote(s) | 100% | |
| * You voted for this item. | [Show Results] |
|
Are there more haters or lovers of Greenday??
|
|
21-09-2012, 06:15
Are there more haters or lovers of Greenday?? Let me know. Coz I love Greenday and don't know why people just hate them for no reason.
21-09-2012, 07:09
i cant vote in your poll as i still have mixed feelings over these guys...
i either love or dislike their songs depending on mood... i do however,hate the way they are always called "punk", IMO they are an indi-rock band...they dont have the same angst and feel of imminent violence in their songs like Clash and Sex Pistols i have one of their live bluray concerts...bloody awesome, have heaps of energy on stage, actually prefer them as a live band than a studio band this is punk! The Clash 1.46minutes of pure urgency... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoJYM3krDWQ Sex Pistols punk rock at its greatest!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8szRgIcYlY
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
22-09-2012, 00:42
The Green Day live album - Awesome as **** is simply INCREDIBLE ! As Crazy said it is full of energy with great crowd participation ! I prefer live albums that have a lot of crowd singalongs as this in my view is the ultimate connection between the artist and the people who love their music ! The live Green Day album is certain to give you a massive adrenalin rush on headphones !!!
I prefer some bands live over their studio albums and this live album is a good example. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) and When I Come Around are some of my favorite songs. Their studio album Dookie is classic ....they're not a true punk band ...like Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, etc...they're labelled as modern punk and alternative rock...whatever !
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
22-09-2012, 04:39
yeah...they always try to put artists into little boxes and label them...you cant do that, all you can do is maybe label songs, but good artists dont fit into one genre, they flit between them and brush the sides of many of them IMO..
Neil Young and Elvis Costello...classic examples, he's made albums in just abour every genre(except metal i guess) and succeeded in most theyve tried their hand at. to call NY a folky is totally wrong, the same with EC being labelled 'new wave'....so,so wrong!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
22-09-2012, 14:32
Right on mate ! Neil said his folk metal album was Le Noise ! ...it does have some hard rockish metally things on it !
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:yeah...they always try to put artists into little boxes and label them...you cant do that, all you can do is maybe label songs, but good artists dont fit into one genre, they flit between them and brush the sides of many of them IMO..
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
22-09-2012, 16:41
I went through a phase where I really liked Green Day, but I haven't really listened to them in a while. I think they can be a good band, but what they do doesn't always work.
Peace and Love,
Penny Lane Breakfast with Myself Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises. - Leonytne Price
22-09-2012, 21:04
I have american idiot it is a very good album
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
24-09-2012, 15:04
I love them more than I hate them. They aren't what I would normally call punk but I don't think they are indie-rock either. I think of them and a lot of other bands that came out during the 90's especially as pop-punk. Kind of how I consider modern country to be pop-country.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay" ~Tori Amos, Upside Down
25-09-2012, 07:47
SteveO Wrote:Right on mate ! Neil said his folk metal album was Le Noise ! ...it does have some hard rockish metally things on it ! not really SteveO...lots of sonics and distortion from one electric guitar, not even that heavy, just noisy to say the least and i mean noisy as unpleasant sounds, typical NY lyrical content and melodies but disjointed,contorted and distorted... folk metal is probably a valid description of it though...one of my least favourite albums by him, wore thin fairly quickly,sounds old and dated already IMO.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
25-09-2012, 07:54
Thanks guys for replies.. I am now lot satisfied that there are more lovers.. As CRAZY - HORSE has said they are versatile band and are really talented in making many kinds of alternative songs. They have a different kind of feel in their music. Actually most of their songs have inspired me..
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| NEW ALBUM: Backseat Lovers - When We Were Friends | Music Head | 0 | 962 |
14-02-2023, 13:46 Last Post: Music Head |
|
| DeVotchKa - 100 Lovers | Music Head | 0 | 962 |
06-03-2011, 14:28 Last Post: Music Head |
|