Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAME IMPALA "lonerism"
[Image: 61VV-54k0lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

TAME IMPALA "lonerism"

second album by Aussie Kevin Parker under the monika Tame Impala...
he plays all instruments on this,wrote and produced it.
their debut set 'innerspeaker' was more guitar driven than this one which
contains more synth work...
sort of a cross between a 'wall of sound' type feel and psychadelia.
hints of Black Keys bass beats mixed with My Morning Jacket in places.
like his/their debut set this one has grown since my initial hearing
on the weekend, but my score goes on first impressions here...
as a footnote my new music guru "tem" used to play in a band with Parker
and the guys that are the Tame Impala gig band, both he and Corey are friends with
him also, i had the pleasure to meet Parker once...nice guy IMO, and knows what
he wants with his music!

rating: 1.9 or 3.5/5
"allmusic.com" rate this one 2.7 or 4.5/5

from the album:
"elephant"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H570ifQfpDk video

"allmusic.com" review....

There's a better than decent chance that, no matter where you are, Perth, Australia is pretty far away, a fact that pretty much makes Tame Impala mastermind Kevin Parker an isolated pop genius' isolated pop genius. Working mostly by himself, Parker mines this solitude with brilliant results on Tame Impala's sophomore effort, Lonerism. Diving headfirst into the realm of pop music, the way Parker uses keyboards to explore more traditional melodies makes the album feel like the McCartney to Innerspeaker's Lennon, blending the familiar with the far out to craft a Revolver-esque psych-pop experience. This shift from the guitar-heavy sound of the debut to a more synthed-out approach gives the album a more expansive feeling, allowing Parker to explore new textures through layer after layer of melody. As with Innerspeaker, sonic architect Dave Fridmann handles the mixing, and though he wasn't involved in the recording process, Lonerism definitely shares the producer's knack for using the space as an instrument in and of itself. This layering of not just sounds, but environments, creates a serene and lonely patchwork of sound, texture, and atmosphere that's a pleasure to explore, offering something different with every journey into its swirling haze of classic pop melody and modern, more experimental, construction. Most importantly, the partnership allows Fridmann to help shape Tame Impala's wild, starry-eyed ambition into something enveloping and accessible, a trick he's performed for the Flaming Lips and Mercury Rev again and again. This combination gives Lonerism the best of both worlds, allowing it the creative freedom to emerge as one of the most impressive albums of the home-recording era while still feeling superbly refined.

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

This band give me hope for actual music scene, it has something from Beatles in, but something fresh and very psychedelic in the same time. Cant't wait to lissen for their second album, nic to know is out :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Tame Impala "the slow rush" CRAZY-HORSE 1 783 28-02-2020, 13:40
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Tame Impala "lost in yesterday" CRAZY-HORSE 0 373 13-01-2020, 09:11
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Tame Impala "it might be time" CRAZY-HORSE 0 608 30-10-2019, 07:41
  Tame Impala "the less i know the better" CRAZY-HORSE 0 888 15-12-2015, 12:31
  TAME IMPALA "currents" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,478 05-08-2015, 10:31
  TAME IMPALA "eventually" CRAZY-HORSE 2 951 24-05-2015, 15:13
Last Post: SteveO
  TAME IMPALA "cause im a man" CRAZY-HORSE 0 580 18-04-2015, 09:47
  TAME IMPALA "let it happen" CRAZY-HORSE 1 847 25-03-2015, 00:38
Last Post: SteveO
  MARK RONSON featuring KEVIN PARKER(tame impala) "daffodils" CRAZY-HORSE 0 568 13-01-2015, 06:32