Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remixcompetition for our track "Sky"
Hi!

I would like to invite you to join the remixcompetition for our track "Sky"

http://soundcloud.com/groups/sandvik-bro...ompetition

We desided to start this remix competition mostly just for fun, and for giving you guys a chance to twist your mind and try to remix a good track.
Let your mind float free and test out your remixing skills!
There is no prices to the best remixers for this first competition of us.
Mostly the prices are like record deals and stuff, but as we were under a record deal our selves, releasing this track, we found out that there are many unserious record dealers out there who want's to earn money no great new artist, but don't give anything in return.
Therefor we will just have this remixcompetition for giving credits, giving new fresh artists a chance to get them known through this group and other sites that we use for future followers and getting listened to from other listeners.

After a little discussion we have desided that we will offer the top 3 winners a chance to do some collaboration stuff with us.

Have fun and be creative!

1.Dowload stems and midi here : http://sandvik-bros.com/remix/

2.Listen to the Original for orientation: https://soundcloud.com/sandvik-bros/sand...iginal-mix

3.The BPM in original track is 136 bpm

4.Upload the remix to this group or just upload it to your own wall, and share it to this group.

5.Remix it in any genre you want.
Enjoy, have fun and be creative!

The contest will end on the first of february, and hopefully we'll be able to announce the winner on our birthday at february the ninth.

Mvh. Roger
Sandvik Bros.
sandvik-bros@outlook.com
Why would you want anyone to remix your work? This whole concept is nuts. It has come about as a result of people having access to technology where they can label themselves as 'producers' and - God forbid - 'engineers'. I agree it could be fun to mess around with something and experiment, but don't you want your own music to reflect what you think? Surely you have your own vision??!!?? - When someone creates a piece of music it's supposed to be an aural picture of what they were thinking when they wrote it. You can't take a painting created by an artist and then say - oh we'll rub out these bits and then draw in a few lines here and there and then maybe chuck a can of oil over it. Why do you do that with music? True artists do not compromise.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Jerome Wrote:Why would you want anyone to remix your work? This whole concept is nuts. It has come about as a result of people having access to technology where they can label themselves as 'producers' and - God forbid - 'engineers'. I agree it could be fun to mess around with something and experiment, but don't you want your own music to reflect what you think? Surely you have your own vision??!!?? - When someone creates a piece of music it's supposed to be an aural picture of what they were thinking when they wrote it. You can't take a painting created by an artist and then say - oh we'll rub out these bits and then draw in a few lines here and there and then maybe chuck a can of oil over it. Why do you do that with music? True artists do not compromise.

preach it brother
kills me what they've done to music
remixes, featured artists, drum machines, vocoder
can't anybody do anything on their own
and all of this technology crap gradually creeps in to all forms of music
at least I have my vinyl

Music Head Wrote:preach it brother
kills me what they've done to music
remixes, featured artists, drum machines, vocoder
can't anybody do anything on their own
and all of this technology crap gradually creeps in to all forms of music
at least I have my vinyl

you forgot to mention "auto-tune"!!!!!!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Track I'm Listening To Is....................... gryphon 5,048 733,009 Yesterday, 12:56
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  199 track studio album at 8hrs 43minutes CRAZY-HORSE 1 766 22-04-2023, 12:29
Last Post: Music Head
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 20 7,442 18-02-2023, 03:05
Last Post: GlitchedSalvation
  Rolling Stones on track for 9th #1 album in UK: CRAZY-HORSE 5 2,485 05-12-2016, 04:04
  Amazing Free Royalty Free Music #8 - Run Amok (Comedy Track!) MusicForTheDay 4 2,935 22-07-2016, 21:26
Last Post: jerseycat
  Making a backing track (Piano + xylophone) Martin_Dolezal 0 1,585 20-01-2016, 17:40
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal
  Making a piano+xylphone backing track (Lady Gaga performance) Martin_Dolezal 0 1,200 19-01-2016, 18:13
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal
  Live track captured at the Manor Park Studio! Video in full HD Muso1070 1 1,522 17-12-2015, 21:02
Last Post: Muso1070
  Can't find a track recorded didi123 0 708 19-11-2015, 16:42
Last Post: didi123
  first Elvis Presley with Orchestra track album teaser CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,010 21-08-2015, 23:30