Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What is the PERFECT metal album for you?
#1
What metal or hard rock albums are PERFECT in your opinion?

Damage Done - Dark Tranquility
Reroute to Remain - In Flames
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Rust in Peace - Megadeth


I'll think of more soon. Any thoughts?!
Reply
#2
nice list Nick !

I love Black Sabbath albums, Electric Wizard's Dopethrone, Storm Corossion from Akerfeldt and Wilson, Cradle of Filth, and all of Opeth. Opeth have the genius of combining variuos genres into one cohesive album !!!!!...Agalloch does this also in most cases.

and sometimes the heavier the album the better....like Machine Heads' Burn My Eyes album for one ...there are a few more!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#3
Duh, I can't believe I didn't mention Opeth...

Blackwater Park, Damnation, and Watershed are all perfect albums for me (Ghost Reveries an honorable mention, just barely doesn't make it for me!).
And, of course, the first two Sabbath albums are freaking brilliant. And I would add that Paranoid is not only a perfect proto-metal gem, but is also an amazingly progressive album for its time. LOVE IT.

Can you believe I haven't heard Storm Corrosion yet? I need to get my shizz together.
Reply
#4
Metallica Ride the Lightning
Slayer Reign in Blood
Obituary Cause of Death
Entombed Clandestine
Mayhem De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Cathedral The Ethereal Mirror

I guess I have 'extreme' tastes lol
Reply
#5
Judas Priest's Screaming For Vengeance
Reply
#6
Ooh yeah! Me too. I forgot that one. Love Judas Priest!
Reply
#7
Master of Reality and Black Sabbath, Volume 4 by Black Sabbath
Reply
#8
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
Strapping Young Lad - Alien
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengence
In Flames - Soundtrack to Your Escape
...
Reply
#9
Diary of a Madman changed me. I first heard that album right around the time of Randy's passing and was absolutely hooked. I know everybody likes Blizzard, but as a guitarist Diary is where it's at for me.
Reply
#10
Oops, didn't do a list! Here's my top 5 of all time:

1. Ozzy Osbourne - "Diary of a Madman"
2. Metallica - "Master of Puppets"
3. Iron Maiden - "666 Number of the Beast"
4. * Riot - "Riot"
5. Black Sabbath - "Mob Rules"


* Not Quiet Riot. If you've never heard any of Riot's stuff....check it out. "Swords and Tequilla" just rips. Their 2nd album, "Restless Breed" is great as well.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Beartooth - Pure Ecstasy Music Head 0 136 21-09-2026, 12:16
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Mastodon - Marrow Deep Music Head 0 189 18-09-2026, 12:34
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: PRESIDENT - Blood Of Your Empire Music Head 1 158 17-09-2026, 12:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Warning - Everything's Falling Music Head 0 139 13-09-2026, 10:57
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Seether - Vicennial: 2 Decades Of Seether Music Head 1 328 18-08-2026, 23:35
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Loathe - A Stranger To You Music Head 0 302 04-08-2026, 12:05
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Motionless In White - Decades Music Head 3 530 01-08-2026, 00:48
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Muse - The Wow! Signal Music Head 0 318 13-07-2026, 11:10
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Evanescence - Sanctuary Music Head 0 366 19-06-2026, 12:11
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Black Veil Brides - VINDICATE Music Head 1 595 24-05-2026, 12:54
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: