Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
this seems to be an annual thread here at MD...
so, what did you all get for Xmas 2012...
i ended up with $130 worth of cd vouchers & Pete Townshend's autobiography.
now, to make up a list of cds i want to purchase...decidsions,decisions!!!!????
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
2 tickets to see The Wall in Sept next year plus books - about Mike Oldfield & Edgar Cayce. I am in my element.
BTW - Happy Birthday Music Discussion!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
my x-mas is today because of the situation with the grandkids
waiting for them to get here in a few hours
I'll be back
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:this seems to be an annual thread here at MD...
so, what did you all get for Xmas 2012...
i ended up with $130 worth of cd vouchers & Pete Townshend's autobiography.
now, to make up a list of cds i want to purchase...decidsions,decisions!!!!????
CH - I would be interested to see what you think of Uncle Pete's story. I have a book about Keith Moon called 'Dear Boy'. One of the comments in the book that stuck in my mind (I am ad libbing here) - someone said (think it was Pete himself) that they never could tell whether Keith's constant tears were real or whether it was just the booze overflowing out of his eyes.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
i'll let you know when ive finished the book J-man
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
the verdict is in
I was a good boy this year
I got the usual pants, shirts, stuff I won't buy for myself.
but who cares
with the help of family and friend throughout the year
I now have $330 in credit at Amazon
the order will be placed soon
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Er MH, I will be selling my new album this year. 330USD a copy. It's good value.....I promise! (Just kidding - enjoy)
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Music Head Wrote:the verdict is in
I was a good boy this year
I got the usual pants, shirts, stuff I won't buy for myself.
but who cares
with the help of family and friend throughout the year
I now have $330 in credit at Amazon
the order will be placed soon
i got the obligatory shirts etc also, would have been nice to get a few more vouchers but unlike you MH i guess i do buy albums through the year also so i guess it all works out even...
$330...Bruce Springsteen needs to be on your purchase list with 'wreckin ball' as does Tame Impala 'lonerism' IMO and Avett Brothers "carpenter", now ive made up your list for you all you need to do is spend those vouchers
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Jerome Wrote:Er MH, I will be selling my new album this year. 330USD a copy. It's good value.....I promise! (Just kidding - enjoy)
and im pretty positive that your album retails at $130AUD out here????!!!!
seriously though,
are you expecting something to be released this year Jerome? if so, put me down for a copy mate, its probably not totally my thing but im sure Dani will appreciate your material a great deal
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:and im pretty positive that your album retails at $130AUD out here????!!!!
seriously though,
are you expecting something to be released this year Jerome? if so, put me down for a copy mate, its probably not totally my thing but im sure Dani will appreciate your material a great deal
I will be providing the regulars on the site with free copies as I complete them. And the music is nothing like what's on my site at all. Quite the opposite in fact. Might even have a preview for you later today.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
|