Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
what have i done....?!?!!
#1
i currently put my cds away in large plastic containers when ive played them and move on to the next one on the shelf...and when ive played that next one it too goes away until the next rotation, but today i got the brilliant idea of going through them all and recording exactly what i own, by time i got through the first container i wished i hadnt started, it is so monotonous yet at the same time having a look at what i have was envigorating...., so two hours later and one box down, seven to go, not impressed!

what i am doing is recording them in a A4 notepad alphabetically, and aslo intend photographing them in case of theft....just to be safe
also gives me the chance to recall which ones i need to complete collections ie: i know i dowt have a few Elvis Costello and a couple of Nick Cave so ive got to be sure not to purchase duplicates,there may also be one or two Springsteen albums i dont own also to complete his collection....

anyone want to come over and help me collate my cds this week???????
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
be glad to mate
air fare would be the issue
I'm sure you have many more than me
good thing to do actually
I often forget what I have
while on my current Dylan run I see there are 4 I don't have
now if I can only make myself get them

Reply
#3
not just the airfare but the 40 odd hours without a smoke is horrific LOL

i know one Dylan you dont have...Christmas In The Heart LMAO, dont s'pose you'll ever get that one!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#4
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:not just the airfare but the 40 odd hours without a smoke is horrific LOL

i know one Dylan you dont have...Christmas In The Heart LMAO, dont s'pose you'll ever get that one!

forgot about that one
make it 5
wouldn't say I'll never get that one
I'll just find it hard to pay full price for it
others are Another Side Of, Dylan, Street Legal, Oh Mercy
I have those on vinyl, just not cd
so actually only 1 I don't have at all, the x-mas one

Reply
#5
i have "another side of...", definately dont have "oh mercy"..."street legal",cant remember thats why im going through them now but dont think i have that one neither...

after i go through them all, i'll give you a list of what Bob Dylan i own, then get you to recommend some others for me to get
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#6
This sounds like what happens when I decide to organize my closet. I would love to sit on the floor and go through your collection and help catalogue. It sounds like a daunting task, but also a great one.
Peace and Love,
Penny Lane
Breakfast with Myself


Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises. - Leonytne Price
Reply
#7
I catalogued all my vinyl with pictures a few years back...very time consuming! I can sympathise with you Crazy!...my CDs are all over the place...must organise them someday...lol
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Forum Jump: