Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Journalism dissertation survey
Apologies if this is considered spamming - if it is then mods can feel free to delete this post.

I am a fourth year BA(Hons) Journalism student at Edinburgh Napier, and I am currently in the middle of writing my dissertation. The dissertation requires original research material - I am gathering this through a survey.

The survey is aimed at readers of all forms of music journalism, and revolves around my dissertation title: 'Is citizen music journalism and blogging causing a decline in music journalism quality and core values?' Those who do not read any music journalism are not the target audience of this survey or the dissertation.

I would be very grateful if you could complete the survey, which will form an important part of my research. The information provided will be treated with the strictest of confidentiality and no personal information will be given to a third-party. A copy of the results will be sent to all participants who request them (by replying to this message or emailing me). The entire survey should take less than five minutes to complete.

The survey can be found here: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/ren...esurveys%2Ecom

Thanks,
Luke
Amazing how many dissertations requiring 'original' (i.e. from one ) research always seem to transpire into a survey of many as opposed to the student actually researching the topic for themselves.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Jerome Wrote:Amazing how many dissertations requiring 'original' (i.e. from one ) research always seem to transpire into a survey of many as opposed to the student actually researching the topic for themselves.

I can't speak for all students, but that is what I have done - I have compiled a literature review of all related academic and social material, and now I am also conducting interviews with music journalists, bloggers and musicians as well as a focus group looking at the gaps currently in our understanding of the subject. However, a survey is also a very good way of getting original research material as it offers a way to gather a large quantity of data from the target population the study is looking at.

Hopefully the dissertation will yield original findings or ideas as a result of the methods I have used.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 50 5,338 17-09-2024, 19:40
Last Post: Music Head
  Who is your favorite DJ (music)? sing-a-long 2 1,143 18-02-2024, 06:13
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  my christmas haul of music CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,285 29-12-2023, 01:40
  Billboard Music Charts For 2023 Music Head 74 12,483 27-12-2023, 13:10
Smile What year is your favorite in hiphop music? sing-a-long 1 852 17-10-2023, 04:36
  Vintage Music Reviews Ruby 2 505 08-10-2023, 16:51
Last Post: Music Head
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,295 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  Artistic Music Videos Sylwira 0 494 13-07-2023, 08:03
Last Post: Sylwira
  Favorite era of music? sing-a-long 2 1,058 17-06-2023, 05:19
Last Post: purpleocean
  What is a music enthusiast to do ? SteveO 15 3,716 21-02-2023, 14:26
Last Post: JeromeD