Posts: 85
Threads: 16
Joined: Feb 2012
Hello everybody. I haven't posted on here in quite awhile. Well I am desperately seeking all kinds of new music so I am posting a thread in each genre asking for your recommendations! I know a little about jazz but I am looking for your finest recommendations from all the genres in this forum. Thank You!
Sometimes I lay under the moon and thank God I'm breathing.
And I pray "Don't take me soon "cause I am here for a reason"
Sometimes in my tears drown but I never let it get me down
So when negativity surrounds, I know someday, it'll all turn around.
"One Day" by Matisyahu from the album Light
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
old classic artists like:
Bobby Darin
Dean Martin
Perry Como
might be worth a try as easy listening 'crooners'
as for soft rock maybe try Steely Dan(very underrated and under appreciated band predominantly from the 1970s
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 85
Threads: 16
Joined: Feb 2012
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:old classic artists like:
Bobby Darin
Dean Martin
Perry Como
might be worth a try as easy listening 'crooners'
as for soft rock maybe try Steely Dan(very underrated and under appreciated band predominantly from the 1970s
Those are great starts thank you! I agree Steely Dan is super underrated!
Sometimes I lay under the moon and thank God I'm breathing.
And I pray "Don't take me soon "cause I am here for a reason"
Sometimes in my tears drown but I never let it get me down
So when negativity surrounds, I know someday, it'll all turn around.
"One Day" by Matisyahu from the album Light
Posts: 10
Threads: 0
Joined: Jun 2013
Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Modern Jazz Quartet, Pat Metheny and John Coltrane are some of my jazz faves. Some more recent artists include; Esperanza Spaulding and Robert Glasper.
Posts: 929
Threads: 3
Joined: Mar 2011
Jazz - Dave Weckl, Yellowjackets, Steps Ahead, Manteca, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Shuffle Demons
Soft Rock - No-Man, Leiahdorus
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
10-06-2013, 16:56
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013, 17:04 by SteveO.)
soft rock - Cowboy Junkies, Leonard Cohen
Jazz - avant garde/free jazz - Ornette Coleman, Jan Garbarek, Sun Ra, Don Cherry, Archie Shepp, Alice Coltrane (John's wife)
Mainstream modern jazz ...Brad Mehldau, Charles Lloyd, Keith Jarrett, Wynton and Branford Marsalis
Ravi Coltrane ( John's son )
Jazz singers ...Cassandra Wilson. Holy Cole, Michael Buble
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
What is your favorite music playing tools on your computer?
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Welcome aboard MD, Fred !...I don't understand your introduction nevertheless what music do you like ?
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
fredfighter Wrote:What is your favorite music playing tools on your computer?
youtube
...
Posts: 11
Threads: 1
Joined: Sep 2013
18-09-2013, 11:16
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2013, 11:19 by musiclists.)
you want recommendations for every genre?
power pop-Teenage Fanclub and Jellyfish
classical- Arvo Part and Einojuhani Rautavaara
jazz- Robert Glasper and Oregon
gospel- The Blind Boys of Alabama and The Soul Stirrers
alt. country- The Jayhawks and the Old '97s
zydeco - Clifton Chenier and Buckwheat Zydeco
rock - Pavement and Eels
old-timey/string-band-The Carolina Chocolate Drops
well, it's not every genre, but it's a few. It would help to know what you like already.