Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hello! Glad to be here!
#1
Hi! I'm new here; I'm from Argentina and I'm interested in getting to know new musicians and their music of course; those who are not that well-known; and I'd also like to get different people to have a go at my music, among many other things! Though I've studied jazz and tango (I'm within 2 subjetcts of my professional music degree) at some prestigious college of music here in Buenos Aires, progressive rock is my favourite style.
This is my music site so far:

http://www.myspace.com/iv2610

Glad to be here!
Reply
#2
Welcome Ivan! Nice music site. You play quite a variety of styles in six pieces! I look forward to reading your opinions and hearing more of your music.
Reply
#3
Thanks, and thanks for listening to it!
Reply
#4
You are most welcome! Song # 1 "A Strange Way of Funking" & Song #2 "En el Aire in the Air" are my favourites right now.
Reply
#5
Thanks a lot for having a go at the songs, evilB! Those are my favourite ones too. They're somewhat old though; I need to record some new ones; the upcoming stuff might come with vocals Cool
Thanks again for listening!
Reply
#6
Wow, welcome ivan.. it's nice to see that there's one jazz musician here!
Reply
#7
Thanks a lot, mayralee; actually I consider myself a prog. rock musician, but I've studied jazz at college since it is a beyond amazing style of music which provides huge enrichment to any kind of musician!
Reply
#8
Ivan, is there a distinct difference in your opinion between PROG ROCK and PROG METAL...a lot of times you come across great bands that combine the two genres ...then you don't know what to look for!...OPETH is a good example of interplaying both genres! I find that the designated PROG ROCK bands usually stick to the classic PR band formula...like YES, KING CRIMSON, ELP, RAINBOW, CAMEL,...whereas the PROG METAL BANDS tend to be more diversified in their music.

What do you think Ivan and other MD Members?
IvanMC Wrote:Thanks a lot, mayralee; actually I consider myself a prog. rock musician, but I've studied jazz at college since it is a beyond amazing style of music which provides huge enrichment to any kind of musician!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#9
Yes, you're right, SteveO; I mean, there seems to be some difference -and I must admit I really like both genres pretty much- between Prog Rock and Prog Metal. Maybe we could say there exists a Prog Hard Rock style, which would be my favourite one. Yes (Prog Rock? Prog Hard Rock?) is a band of a mind-blowing calibre, and so is Dream Theater (definitely Prog Metal), for instance. We could say The Aristocrats involve all of the aforementioned genres (what a glorious new band!). I'll follow your advice and listen to Opeth, since I haven't heard so much about them!
Reply
#10
SteveO Wrote:Ivan, is there a distinct difference in your opinion between PROG ROCK and PROG METAL...a lot of times you come across great bands that combine the two genres ...then you don't know what to look for!...OPETH is a good example of interplaying both genres! I find that the designated PROG ROCK bands usually stick to the classic PR band formula...like YES, KING CRIMSON, ELP, RAINBOW, CAMEL,...whereas the PROG METAL BANDS tend to be more diversified in their music.

What do you think Ivan and other MD Members?

Have to disagree SteveO - I think 'old school' prog rock has far more diversity than prog metal bands (of which I don't know much about). Prog metal seems far more formulaic to me????? As an example, Tales from Topographic Oceans contains, medieval, ambient, ethnic, classical, jazz, folk, electronic, experimental, world and rock elements. Just an opinion based on what I hear.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi, everyone! So glad to be here! introverted_lefty 6 2,426 19-09-2012, 14:03
Last Post: lanaa
  Hello I am glad to be here ! Binklebaum 8 4,415 22-03-2008, 14:29
Last Post: samantha

Forum Jump: