Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie recommendations please !
^^
i checked the Wiki, sounds good Jerome.
if it is on Prime i will watch it over the next few days...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Yes it's on Prime Crazy.

Also on Prime - Credit Card Fraud for Dummies - it's amazing how easy it is to get hold of your personal information. Stay away from any social media sites. The more you chat/text/tweet/twit/twat or whatever, the more they know. Pure and simple.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
Madoff - on Netflix - it always amazes me that when it comes to investing money people still make the same mistake - even after extensively investigating a hedge fund or investment opportunity - they put all their eggs in one basket - an absolute no-no when it comes to investing. Madoff was no angel and destroyed many lives but his investors only have themselves to blame for depositing ALL of their funds with him instead of only 10 or 20 percent. And the reason they did that is as old as the hills. Greed. Pure and simple. Nothing wrong with people wanting to make some cash with investments, but if you think you are going to make a quick buck then you are probably going to lose your stake. It's not rocket science.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
Madoff - on Netflix - it always amazes me that when it comes to investing money people still make the same mistake - even after extensively investigating a hedge fund or investment opportunity - they put all their eggs in one basket - an absolute no-no when it comes to investing. Madoff was no angel and destroyed many lives but his investors only have themselves to blame for depositing ALL of their funds with him instead of only 10 or 20 percent. And the reason they did that is as old as the hills. Greed. Pure and simple. Nothing wrong with people wanting to make some cash with investments, but if you think you are going to make a quick buck then you are probably going to lose your stake. It's not rocket science.
The Lucky Ones - a movie about three people returning from a tour of duty to find things back home are not what they expected. Real, honest, entertaining and funny in parts but with quite a few pearls of wisdom thrown in as well. I enjoyed it. Something I could watch again. An unpredictable movie with oddball twists and turns. Just like me!!!
Keen to see the new Oppenheimer movie. Have zero interest in the Barbie movie. Do adults really watch this nonsense?
[Image: 220px-Mr_harrigans_phone_%28film%29.jpg]

obviously on Netflix as the promo poster says...

based on a short story written by Stephen King...

stars Donald Sutherland as Mr Harrigan

im not saying its in the same league as Shawshank Redemption by any means but there are some great life lessons involving loss, trust, friendship/bonds and love.

a very good movie and deserves to be seen IMO
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Will there a Barbershop 4 movie? sing-a-long 2 632 22-10-2023, 10:12
Last Post: JeromeD
Big Grin New movie- russian/armenian/asian female model film sing-a-long 0 264 14-10-2023, 04:20
Last Post: sing-a-long
Big Grin What movie do you enjoy? sing-a-long 0 364 10-04-2023, 16:54
Last Post: sing-a-long
  YESTERDAY - new movie release SteveO 1 998 03-07-2019, 19:07
Last Post: SteveO
  The New Elton John Movie ....OK but.... gryphon 5 1,598 31-05-2019, 20:32
Last Post: SteveO
  worst casting in a movie oldies65 7 2,617 18-10-2016, 04:01
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Barbra Streisand - Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway Music Head 1 1,441 09-09-2016, 13:41
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Great Songs From a Movie lady layne 1 2,309 03-12-2015, 05:47
Last Post: Clive Harrison
  movie logos jazzboCR 0 1,593 17-07-2014, 00:47
Last Post: jazzboCR
  2014 promises to be a movie goers paradise Amurcomusic 0 1,274 03-07-2014, 08:07
Last Post: Amurcomusic