Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What do you guys think of Korn?
#1
Korn - that lovely dark band led by Jon Davis. Existing since the 90s and producing 9 albums so far. The band starred in, and produced the music for the movie ' Queen of the Damned '.

In my preference they are in the top 5 in my playlists. I love their dark heavy beats and the original spin on social and ethical topics. They sing of real shit, the grimy horrid topics people try to avoid thinking about. They take the realitys of life and find the inspiration to continue producing new, and original music.

The latest album Untitled, in 2007 was released a couple of years after their previous albums, and after losing a significant member of the band. In a year when the mainstream music had moved to a horrid collection of bling toting wannabe gangstas and faceless clone female singers.

Other bands in the same position, had changed their music to suit the mainstream, sellin their soul to the industry. Korn however brought out and entirely new album compared to their older work. With a new sound, but ultimately it was as dark and dirty with the definate signature of Korn.

Its because of this flexibility and uniqueness, but also solid style that i rank this band so high. In my opinion they are in a league of their own.

Anyone with thoughts? Tongue
[[Nasuul]]
Is it not enough I bleed for you?
Burn and scream for you?
Now you tell me to beg before you?
Break my body, but leave nothing alive, for I shall devour those in my way...
Reply
#2
To be honost, I've never given them much of my time. I don't care for them much. They had a good thing going in the late 90's and early 2000's but not my style at all.
Reply
#3
I never cared for them. They are slightly more tolerable than Limp Bizkit.
Reply
#4
lol i enjoy a bit of the ole limp bizkit now and then too Big Grin
[[Nasuul]]
Is it not enough I bleed for you?
Burn and scream for you?
Now you tell me to beg before you?
Break my body, but leave nothing alive, for I shall devour those in my way...
Reply
#5
Nasuul Wrote:lol i enjoy a bit of the ole limp bizkit now and then too Big Grin

You just disqualified yourself dude.
Reply
#6
Theres a couple things that ruin Korn for me...

1. They appear to be a band that holds a default position on a list of favorite metal bands. If you ask an "unknowledgable metal fan" what bands they listen to, you tend to get a couple of the same responses... korn, hatebreed, disturbed..ect...

2. I think they try to be eccentric just to get people to look at them and then people defend it by saying it's their own artistic expressions. I don't buy it frankly.
Reply
#7
fair enough lol Big Grin
[[Nasuul]]
Is it not enough I bleed for you?
Burn and scream for you?
Now you tell me to beg before you?
Break my body, but leave nothing alive, for I shall devour those in my way...
Reply
#8
mmm...liked the video with the bullet.. that's it really


Iota Wrote:You just disqualified yourself dude.

'keep trollin', trollin', trollin'
Reply
#9
KoRn are a great band, but i can't listen to too much or it does get repetitive and a lot of it sounds the same, that's why (in my opinion) it's best to just listen to their greatest hits album, though that doesn't have twisted transistor on it, which is an immense song.
Reply
#10
seriously i dont like them much! in my personal opinion they are just like any other similar genre band! nothing spectacular!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't know where you rank these guys jazzboCR 0 1,167 28-06-2015, 05:32
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Guys have you ever try turksih rock ? Turk Rak 0 977 21-04-2015, 15:34
Last Post: Turk Rak
  As little as I trust guys with 2 first names (John Fred, say)... jazzboCR 0 958 04-04-2015, 05:40
Last Post: jazzboCR
  I've found some talented guys! milan1999424 0 876 29-12-2014, 18:45
Last Post: milan1999424
  these guys are AMAZING! sarahann 4 3,135 28-07-2009, 23:00
Last Post: Hem

Forum Jump: