Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 FAVOURITE SONGS/TRACKS
And one of the best books I have ever read.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
^Me too. One of two books with perfect musical counterparts, IMHO. The Snow Goose being the second. 

8. "Tears and Pavan" - Strawbs, Bursting at the Seams. Plenty more Strawbs tracks I really love but this album was the first I heard, and this track in particular just stays with me. Sang it to my baby girls - the pavan part, that is!

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
In “Be” there was so much beauty in a so short title, too
Since one its themes regards the word “if”…

Again – there are many Camel tracks that I love, both instrumental and sung. This has always stood out for me, and it can stand alone, whereas I do think that it’s difficult to pick out specific tracks on some of their albums – they need to be heard in their entirety. This is stunning IMHO … (instrumental) ...

9. "Ice" - Camel, I Can See Your House From Here

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Gotta love Levon ... 

10. "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" - The Band, The Band (written by Robbie Robertson)

he shall be a good man

if i was doing a list of favourite songs as opposed to what i considered to be best songs then The Band's version of that song would be in it
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

(13-05-2023, 16:40)Music Head Wrote: he shall be a good man

I would happily wager that you could hold an entire conversation in lyrics MH. I had to Google that one!
I’m convinced Don McLean must have been reading Irving Stone’s Lust for Life when he was inspired to write this incredible song. A wonderful, eye-opener of a book that transports you to another time and place - so important in revealing the mental anguish and pain behind the genius of van Gogh and bringing his works to life on the page in all their tortured, colourful glory. It’s a biographical novel so there is artistic licence, of course, but Stone himself was a genius with a gift for reanimating characters from centuries past to the extent that one feels as though one might have known them.

McLean’s is an equally lyrical outpouring - a painting in words – he wrote it spontaneously and in next to no time at all – it just flowed out of him. So fascinating, the spark that ignites imagination …  

11. "Vincent" - Don McLean, American Pie

hey I just posted that a couple days ago
great minds

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Million Favorite Songs Music Head 96 8,168 Yesterday, 12:07
Last Post: Music Head
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 24,075 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  top 20 songs of all time CRAZY-HORSE 49 6,248 10-05-2023, 15:27
Last Post: Joe
  2022 EOY singles/songs lists CRAZY-HORSE 0 792 13-01-2023, 08:12
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  David Gilmour's five favourite albums CRAZY-HORSE 0 363 19-06-2022, 08:05
  Biggest songs/singles of 2021: CRAZY-HORSE 1 431 14-01-2022, 23:04
  Favourite Cover Versions you prefer as much/more than the Original carbon_psycho 139 19,553 31-08-2021, 06:28
Last Post: JeromeD
  posting/labeling songs 'singles' or 'songs' CRAZY-HORSE 1 541 05-02-2021, 11:25
Last Post: Music Head
  Biggest selling songs/singles of 2020. CRAZY-HORSE 2 847 15-01-2021, 21:54
  Xmas songs on UK charts CRAZY-HORSE 0 411 11-12-2020, 23:31