Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Lennon's tooth bought by Canadian dentist (BBC Website)
[h=1]John Lennon's tooth bought by Canadian dentist[/h] [Image: _56496445_lennon_getty.jpg] John Lennon told his housekeeper she could give his tooth to her daughter as a souvenir
Continue reading the main story [h=2]Related Stories[/h]
A Canadian dentist has bought one of John Lennon's teeth for £19,500 at an auction in Stockport.
Alberta-based Michael Zuk bid by phone to secure the molar given by the former Beatle to his house keeper Dot Jarlett, who worked for him in the 1960s.
The tooth was from a collection of rock memorabilia owned by Alan McGee, former boss of Oasis's label Creation Records.
Other items being sold included oil paintings from John Squire of the Stone Roses and gifts from politicians.
Mr Zuk, who has written a book on celebrities' teeth, said: "Once I heard it was up for sale I had to have it."
He plans to display the tooth in his surgery as well as take it on a tour of other dental surgeries and dental schools.
"Some people will think its gross, others will be fascinated by it," he added.

Further items from McGee's collection going under the hammer included the original signed management contract for Jesus & Mary Chain, one of the bands McGee managed, the £1,000 loan agreement which was used to set up Creation and personal gifts and letters of thanks from Labour party politicians Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Peter Mandelson and the late Mo Mowlam.
Mr McGee has said he is selling the collection because he is sick of the music industry.
Karen Fairweather from Omega Auctions, said of Lennon's tooth: "It's rather gruesome, yellowy, browny with a cavity.
"John Lennon came back from the dentist and gave it to his housekeeper and said to dispose of it 'or better still give it to your daughter as a souvenir'."
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
gmafb.....

The human race is doomed........what next!!!!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Jerome Wrote:The human race is doomed........what next!!!!

seriously...are we on the same wavelength here Jerome??, thats twice in two posts and im getting worried now!!!, maybe Dani is corrupting my brain with too much PF and im turning into "you" in certain ways?!?
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

It's a Southern Hemisphere thinking kind of thing. Can't explain it but we have a certain approach to some things in life. It's very noticeable in some walks of life and since living here in Ireland for the last 10 years I see it more and more. No right or wrong - just different.

As for turning into me, don't go there. I am sitting here with my cat, a cup of coffee, a pile of cigarettes and trying to coax a particular sound out of one of my synths. Needless to say it's not cooperating. Bugger. (A new project on the go). The cat thinks I am completely mad. It's probably right......
although i was born in the UK,spent most of my life here in Australia and Aussies and South Africans are very similar when it comes to a lot of ways of thinking and attitude...especially on the sports field...a lot of your fellow countrymen emigrated here after Mandela was elected...not sure why?, maybe they were scared that SA would turn into another Zimbabwe after 'white' rule ended!?
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

17000 murders a year - yes you can say it's getting there. And that's only the ones we know about. SA has changed dramatically in the last few years. Was there in March/April. It has become hellishly expensive. As a result the poor have even less than they had before. But there is a blossoming mixed middle class emerging. Let's hope they sort it all out. As for Zim - Bob McGabe and the Wailers should be shot. 40,000 Matabele people massacred and the world just turns a blind eye. Oz and SA have a very similar lifestyle. It's all based on the weather. More outdoors stuff. Here everyone lives in the pub. Bad news! Very few people in Ireland entertain in their homes although that is changing.
Very funny and somewhat ironic that a dentist bought the tooth...and Canadian at that !!!...lol
gryphon Wrote:John Lennon's tooth bought by Canadian dentist

[Image: _56496445_lennon_getty.jpg] John Lennon told his housekeeper she could give his tooth to her daughter as a souvenir
Continue reading the main story Related Stories

A Canadian dentist has bought one of John Lennon's teeth for £19,500 at an auction in Stockport.
Alberta-based Michael Zuk bid by phone to secure the molar given by the former Beatle to his house keeper Dot Jarlett, who worked for him in the 1960s.
The tooth was from a collection of rock memorabilia owned by Alan McGee, former boss of Oasis's label Creation Records.
Other items being sold included oil paintings from John Squire of the Stone Roses and gifts from politicians.
Mr Zuk, who has written a book on celebrities' teeth, said: "Once I heard it was up for sale I had to have it."
He plans to display the tooth in his surgery as well as take it on a tour of other dental surgeries and dental schools.
"Some people will think its gross, others will be fascinated by it," he added.

Further items from McGee's collection going under the hammer included the original signed management contract for Jesus & Mary Chain, one of the bands McGee managed, the £1,000 loan agreement which was used to set up Creation and personal gifts and letters of thanks from Labour party politicians Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Peter Mandelson and the late Mo Mowlam.
Mr McGee has said he is selling the collection because he is sick of the music industry.
Karen Fairweather from Omega Auctions, said of Lennon's tooth: "It's rather gruesome, yellowy, browny with a cavity.
"John Lennon came back from the dentist and gave it to his housekeeper and said to dispose of it 'or better still give it to your daughter as a souvenir'."
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
I heard on a discussion TV program yesterday that the purchaser wants to explore extracting DNA from the tooth, and cloning JL...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
yeah kinda creepy....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  R.I.P. John Wetton Ruby 0 838 31-01-2017, 18:06
Last Post: Ruby
  Would you like a new website to visit for fun/entertainment? Chris Miller 4 1,536 18-06-2016, 11:50
Last Post: bob_32_116
  The canadian inferno SteveO 3 1,518 08-05-2016, 03:11
Last Post: SteveO
  Good website Coin 0 915 09-11-2015, 13:09
Last Post: Coin
  BBC website article :The end of the record collectiom? gryphon 9 1,872 17-10-2014, 10:00
Last Post: Big Ears
  Music Website connorfuli 1 926 17-06-2014, 21:04
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Tickets bought! Jerome 10 1,633 07-05-2014, 19:12
  Check out our new website for bass players! boxbox12 1 721 05-04-2014, 21:27
Last Post: Jerome
  Bruno Mars - John Legend mix of old school (new artist) MusicGal27 0 844 26-07-2013, 23:02
Last Post: MusicGal27
  CANADIAN FLOOD DISASTER in SOUTHERN ALBERTA SteveO 2 830 23-06-2013, 18:44