Posts: 111
Threads: 11
Joined: Nov 2009
I think Blink 182 is an alright band!
~~Im Not Gonna Stand Here And Wait. I'll Hold On To The Wings Of The Eagles! ~~ Nickelback
~~If I'm Crazy Enough To Think It, I'm Crazy Enough To Say It~~ Eminem
~~Most People Live And Die With Their Music Still Unplayed. They Never Dare To Try!
Posts: 104
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2009
Rocker720 Wrote:Blink is one of the biggest bands of the punk wave to hit mtv from 97- till today. idc what music you like anyone can say blink 182 is a fun band not always the most talented but always having a good time. they really are and im so ******* excited to go see them aug 6th comcast center
Yes... punk wave. This 'wave' you talk about is not punk, but a pop-punk wave, in which elements of some punk rock have produced bands like NOFX, Green Day and The Offspring take influences from The Buzzcocks and such. Now, people have started saying that this is the new era of pop, and sadly it just might be.
Please don't even compare this to the stand that US and UK had with their success of punk rock. In those days, it was not the same, and the conditions and anarchy was so different from now. I mean, if you think Blink 182 is so HUGE, what are they being punk towards?