Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Cilla Black
#11
ronPrice Wrote:This is one of my favorite quotes: A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson

Big thanks, Bro Price. That quote came to me as if in a dream but it is a perfect evocation of my attitude. Cuttin' the crap: I try to live up to those words. How well I live up to them, I'll leave to others but I sleep well at night and wake up rested.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#12
I sleep well, too, Bro JazzboCR. But my good sleep is due to the anti-psychotic I take. Seroquel, it is called, and I've written a 400 page book about my experience of bipolar I disorder at:https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid...rice%20bpd
married for 47 years, a teacher for 32, a student for 18, a writer and editor for 15, and a Baha'i for 55(in 2014)
Reply


Forum Jump: