Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Billboard Hot 100 8.10.24 Summary & Review
Welcome to my first edition of the Billboard Hot 100 summary & review. This week is very mixed between the new and the re-entries, the top 10, and the good and evils of the charts. Some overstaying their welcome, and speaking of songs overstaying past their limit, we look at the top 10...

THIS WEEK'S TOP 10:

We see Sabrina Carpenter slip 2 with Please Please Please. It's honestly a fight between that and Taste at #9 with which one will exit the top 10 first. At #8 we see Lose Control drop a spot due to the debut. It's standing its ground but it's not climbing noticeably in any categories. Looking at #7 we see Chapell Roan having some bad luck as she drops 4 spots, that did comfort the fall for Die with a Smile, which only saw a loss of one spot. Then our usual drop due to the 2 newest pieces of promo, Espresso at #5 and I Had Some Help at #4. The recent collab between The Weeknd and Playboi Carti landed a top 3 spot at #3, but the new music video for Birds of a Feather saw it surpass Timeless to #2. And holding on for a goliath 13th week at the top is A Bar Song (Tipsy) by Shaboozey, which could contend for the longest-running #1 of all time. What a change from when it first entered the charts!!

RE-ENTRIES:

100. Slim Pickins - Sabrina Carpenter
No surprise this re-entered; if it was a surprise, it would be a bad one though.

99. Close To You - Gracie Abrams
Not a fan of Gracie, but this track isn't bad.

93. Liar - Jelly Roll
Not massive on this, but don't care that it re-entered.

89. Baby I'm Back - The Kid Laroi
Don't get how The Kid Laroi's hype is still lasting.

80. Chihiro - Billie Eilish
Sighs... A bad single from a bad album.

78. I Never Lie - Zach Top
If you ever promoted this as a good song, then you definitely lied.

NEW ENTRIES:

98. This is My Dirt - Justin Moore
I like this; the traditional twangy country sound with Justin's vocals worked well, and I can see American country radios working on this. Decent track, and that's coming from someone who usually doesn't like country slang in music.

96. Keep Up - Odetari
As much as this was made for TikTok edits, I really like this. Can't lie, I was walking while listening to this, and it felt like I was in a cool edit switching positions. Nice groove as well, and the slowing down and change of voice near the end was smooth. This is BRAT but actually good!

92. El Lokeron - Tito Double P
A party song that certainly gives me a boost. The fast-paced instrumentals with the traditional Mexican sound blended with no issues. I'm not the biggest fan of these types of artists' music, but I have to say this one actually impressed me, and the music video captured the lyrics well too! That's 3 good songs in a row so far.

91. Or What? - NLE Choppa/41
If you know me, you know that I don't like traditional rap rubbish because it's all flex, money, and a horrible thing to be a part of. They all pump out the same songs but with a different beat. Today it got worse. Some things said in this song, I don't even know if I can write in a review because it might break the community guidelines of some places I post. Even a lot of comments were hating on this. The cheap beat and lack of enthusiasm in the actual rap, Choppa and 41 don't work well together either, and for me, their vocals don't match. So what was the song mentioning that I can't mention here? I'll give you a hint—it was promoting a certain thing that's... you know what? I'm not risking my place on these platforms. Just check the lyrics for yourself.

90. No One Noticed - The Marias
Wow ?, this is boring. The Marias sung a song that's supposed to have feelings and emotion but sung it as if they're a Walmart cashier saying how much you owe them. If this is making it onto the radio, then we are cooked. The extremely painfully plain beat with only a few moments of difference within the song, with lyrics so repetitive, it's bound to get a dance remix. Way to suck the fun out of my mood—this is awful.

88. Blow for Blow - Tee Grizzley/J Cole
There is no way J Cole's last song was a demon with a black cross on the front cover, and now we have him praising Jesus in this song... like no way you just switched in a few weeks. This is either a troll or a crazy moment for 2024. To the actual track, I found Tee's verse more memorable and liked his fast style, where his voice is rough but not too rough. J Cole is a good choice as his vocals flow well with Tee's and make the song work. I'm not a massive fan that you're flexing money while promoting Jesus, but I guess rappers' lack of sense is just a thing these days. Oh, and one final jab at this song—don't seriously put a line of Tee Grizzley saying that he doesn't judge on the song with J Cole. Yes, J Cole didn't say the line, but he's on a song with it... and, well... he definitely judges people.

79. Heavy Is the Crown - Linkin Park
I really liked their first single more, The Emptiness Machine. I still prefer it more, but Heavy Is the Crown is still really good. Emily Armstrong's vocals holding out as usual with the same power and consistency! As a fan of Mike Shinoda before he even joined Linkin Park, I am so glad that he's making even better bangers. Thanks to that legend, I've really got into rock a lot more! This song has style, the needed pace and push, and a legendary production team behind this!

68. Full Fast in Love - Rod Wave
What a cringe, effortless song. And wow, the music video is enough to make anyone cringe. No way you picked a kid who looks 7 to pass a letter to a girl in class, and then love hearts pop up around the kid to be in the music video. What the cringe?! For the song itself, Rod Wave is rapping so bland for this song you can almost class it as talking. Yeah, and neither did I think a music video where a ton of kids featured would have a certain word being played while showing the kids. This is so disappointing that the one artist who probably would feature on this is MC Baba.

42. I'm Gonna Love You - Cody Johnson/Carrie Underwood
Why do these basic country songs debut so high? There's always one, and sometimes for weeks on end. America needs to stop slobbering over this! The song's not bad; it's just meh. The vocals are timed correctly, and I have no problem with the lyrics or production, but on the other hand, this didn't do anything amazing for me either.

3. Timeless - The Weeknd/Playboi Carti
I reviewed this last time on my UK chart summary & review, so I will repost my review here:
This song isn't Timeless at all. In fact, I had my first listen to this the day it came out, but I don't even want to listen to this again. It was just glitchy to me and didn't sound like it was made right. But as long as Carti fans will shove Not Carti related pls don't send in our faces, it'll always give him relevance. If this makes The Weeknd's cut for his new album, then I'm sure the new album will suck. The first song did, but this is even worse.

NOTEABLE CHANGES:

Sabrina has a rise of 13 spots up to #87 with Sharpest Tool.

Coincidence by Sabrina Carpenter rises 14 spots to #83.

Billie Eilish has a re-entry at #80 and a big boost for Lunch.

Addison Rae is up a mammoth 26 spots to #70.

Dos Dias is up 27 spots to #61 for Tito Double P and Peso Pluma.

Stealing the show with a ginormous climb of 38 is Beautiful as You by Thomas Rhett.

Lil Demon is now the highest entry currently from Mixtape Pluto at #49.

Juno by Sabrina Carpenter is up from #74 to #47.

Good Graces jumps 14 spots to #41 from Carpenter's Short'N'Sweet.

Luke Bryan roars up the charts from #73 to #39, breaking into the top 40 for the first week.

Billie Eilish continues her chart success with Wildflower jumping 10 spots to #35.

Chapell Roan spends half a year in the Billboard Hot 100 with Good Luck, Babe! dropping 3 spots to #7.

The Weeknd and Carti grab this week’s highest new entry at #3.

BEST TO WORST'S:

NEW ENTRIES:

BEST: Heavy Is the Crown - Linkin Park

2nd: Keep Up - Odetari

3rd: This Is My Dirt - Justin Moore

4th: El Lokeron - Tito Double P

5th: I'm Gonna Love You - Cody Johnson/Carrie Underwood

6th: Blow for Blow - Tee Grizzley/J Cole

7th: Full Fast in Love - Rod Wave

8th: No One Noticed - The Marias

9th: Timeless - The Weeknd/Playboi Carti

WORST: Or What? - NLE Choppa/41

THE WHOLE TOP 100

BEST: The Door - Teddy Swims

WORST: Help Me - Real Boston Richey

NEXT WEEK'S PREDICTIONS:

We will have to see if Coldplay's album can get any more singles in the top 100. I highly doubt any will have a significant impact. I doubt Finneas or Alison Moyet will have an entry, but it's possible. Other than the albums, I expect a drop for Birds of a Feather and Timeless.

That’s me signing out! I do a ton of other reviews, and there’s more to come, so stick around for that!
I am humbled sir

[Image: 22SCIHUMILITY-articleLarge.jpg?quality=7...le=upscale]

(09-10-2024, 12:24)Music Head Wrote: I am humbled sir

[Image: 22SCIHUMILITY-articleLarge.jpg?quality=7...le=upscale]

What do you mean?
yeah MH, pretty impressive....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

(09-10-2024, 12:31)Mellope Wrote:

What do you mean?

all good mate
it was a compliment
impressed with what you are doing

(10-10-2024, 12:35)Music Head Wrote:
(09-10-2024, 12:31)Mellope Wrote:

What do you mean?

all good mate
it was a compliment
impressed with what you are doing

Thank you so much ? it means the world that someone likes what I'm doing Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Lap (BY Rod wave) album review Mellope 2 195 2 hours ago
Last Post: Mellope
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 55 5,953 9 hours ago
Last Post: Music Head
  Hot 100 Summary & Review 15.10.24 #2 Mellope 0 16 Yesterday, 19:44
  UK TOP 100 SUMMARY & REVIEW 12.10.24 #2 Mellope 4 61 13-10-2024, 10:38
  NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW 11.10.24 #2 Mellope 1 76 12-10-2024, 08:14
  A Modern Day distraction - Jake Bugg (Album review) Mellope 2 121 11-10-2024, 07:20
  NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW Mellope 2 161 07-10-2024, 15:41
  Coldplay's Moon Music (DELUXE) Album Review Mellope 0 105 07-10-2024, 15:32
Wink Coldplay's Moon Music Album Review Mellope 2 175 07-10-2024, 15:27
  UK TOP 100 SUMMARY & REVIEW Mellope 0 72 06-10-2024, 14:20