Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot 100 Summary & Review 15.10.24 #2
HOT 100 Summary & Review 15.10.24 #2

This week we have zero (yes, zero) new entries or re-entries in the top 82. Woopy doo, what a fun week! At least there's some top-10 movement.

THE TOP 10:

At 10, we have Beautiful Things by Benson Boone gaining 2. After a good week in the digital sales and an overall gain, it's enough to push back, not enough to push Pash. Please Please Please at 9 though, which sees a gain of 1 mainly because Of The Weeknd and Carti's flop of Timeless exiting the top 10 after a week; at 8 we have Lose Control spending its 39th week in the top 10; and now being the 5th song that's spent the longest in the top 10, easing past the competition is Taste at 7, which is up 2 despite its quick fall off in the recent weeks; Chapell Roan is climbing up to 6, which Good luck, babe, after a shook week, and Gaga and Mars are up to 5, including Die With A Smile, which is still picking up traction. Espresso heads up to no. 4, giving Carpenter her 7th week with all songs in the in the top 10, and I Had Some Help is up to 3 spending its 22nd week charting. Surprising Billie Eilish's music video is still gaining traction after a week, leading her to stick at 2. It'll be interesting to see if she can continue this longer, and of course at no. 1 for its 14th week is a bar song Tipsy by Shaboozey, which, in no surprise, is still no. 1 on multiple categories. Watch out, Lil Nas X!!

RE ENTRYS:

98: Holy Smokes, Bailey Zimmerman
[Who still cares about this?]

93 - Worst Way - Riley Green
[Take out way and just keep this as worst.]

NEW:

95: New Drop: Don Toliver
I don't know what to call this song; it isn't fixated on one genre unless I'm just stupid (which I am). I feel Don could've put more effort into this; the song is called New Drop but feels really low effort and not like a new drop at all; it's repeated lyrics make it sound like a TikTok song, and it's low, awkward energy does not match any mood; maybe just not drop at all?

88: Fix What You Didn't Break—Nate Smith

I really like this; Nate's vocal structure held up the base of the song, and the production didn't weaken any of the work out; the song did what it was meant to do!

87. We Pray: Coldplay/Little Simz/Burna Boy/Elyanna/TINI

I already reviewed this, so I'll repost it:
First of all, I appreciate that artists from completely different genres can come together and make something that works. As much as this is a decent song and something that works, it isn't amazing for me; it doesn't necessarily feel incomplete or glitchy; it just feels like there could've been more style showcased from each artist or just a little more spice.

84: Thick Of It—KSI/Trippie Redd

Reposted review that I already did:

At least he got something after his whole album got leaked. (Also, please take Lunchly out of stores and answer to the crypto allegations, KSI—we haven't forgotten.)

ADDED NOTES: The songs have grown on me. The beat starts faded and turns into something much better!

NOTEABLE CHANGES:

ALL RED by Playboi Carti slips from 72 to 99
Future's Ski is down 21 spots to 94.
Close To You by Gracie Abrams is up 9 to 90.
Teflon Don is down from 55 to 82.
Plutoski drops from 62 to 79.
El Lokeron by Tito Double P is up from 92 to 77.
Residuals by Chris Brown lifts 10 to 75
The emptiness machine is down from 58 to 73.
21 Savage and Summer Walkers Prove it lands up 10 to 71
I Never Lie by Zach Top is up 10 to 68.
Cody and Carries Country collab drops 33 spots to 65 after its debut.
Lil Demon drops from 49 to 64.
Am I Okay? Megan Moroney is up 14 to 63.
Guy For That drops from 44 to 61.
Diet Pepsi is up from 70 to 54.
- NLE Choppa and 41 soar up from 91 to 52 with Or What?
Tito Double P and Peso Pluma are up 10 to 51.
Luke Bryan drops 10 spots to 49 with Love You, Miss You, Mean It.
Tucker Wetmore is up from 64 to 43 with Wind Up Missing You.
Gigi Perez is up 12 spots to 33 with Sailor Song, her first week in the top 40.
I Love You I'm Sorry by Grace Abrams is up 22 spots to 31.
- The Weeknd and Playboi Carti crash out of the top 10 down from no. 3 to 12 (as I predicted).

Rankings Best to Worst:

NEW ENTRYS:

BEST: Fix What You Didn't Break—Nate Smith
2nd: WE PRAY: Coldplay/Little Simz/Burna Boy/Elyanna/TINI
3rd: Thick Of It, KSI/Trippie Redd
WORST: New Drop: Don Toliver

THE WHOLE TOP 100
BEST: The door; Teddy Swims
WORST: Help Me—Real Boston Richey

NEXT WEEKS PREDICTIONS:

It looks like Shaboozey will have his 15th week at No. 1 unless Charlixcx's new collab with Ariane Grande has a huge push, and Billie Eilish's music video won't last forever. I'm expecting a push for Post and Morgan's 'I had some help' back to No. 2. It depends on who drops faster in the categories and if any new entry will takeover. Also, an expected charting appearance for Jennie's new one, Mantra. Apart from that, I doubt Lil Durk will have an album bomb.

Goodbye and have a blessed amazing day ✌️

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Lap (BY Rod wave) album review Mellope 1 177 Yesterday, 12:42
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  UK TOP 100 SUMMARY & REVIEW 12.10.24 #2 Mellope 4 54 13-10-2024, 10:38
Last Post: Mellope
  NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW 11.10.24 #2 Mellope 1 70 12-10-2024, 08:14
  US Billboard Hot 100 8.10.24 Summary & Review Mellope 5 149 11-10-2024, 07:21
  A Modern Day distraction - Jake Bugg (Album review) Mellope 2 115 11-10-2024, 07:20
  NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW Mellope 2 158 07-10-2024, 15:41
  Coldplay's Moon Music (DELUXE) Album Review Mellope 0 101 07-10-2024, 15:32
Wink Coldplay's Moon Music Album Review Mellope 2 171 07-10-2024, 15:27
  UK TOP 100 SUMMARY & REVIEW Mellope 0 70 06-10-2024, 14:20
  New Green Day album review jacksonreviews 0 675 28-09-2016, 17:34
Last Post: jacksonreviews