Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
a welcome return Jerome
#21
Jerome,

Thanks for the recommendations ! Nice talkin" with you.

Sorry for your loss.

SteveO
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#22
Hey Crazy Horse,

I love this music discussion group...don't have to buy stuff from (amaz....) to stay on it !
I didn't enjoy it much anyway because they go on and on and on.....same topic bashing everybody's best lists ! One thread drove me nuts this guy never gave it up....Kinks over the Beatles ! I wouldn't have cared but I love the Beatles and he wouldn't give them credit for anything. He said if it wasn't for George Martin they wouldn't have gone anywhere. Don't get me wrong The Kinks were/are a great band but better than the Beatles ? I hate the word best and better with anything attached with respect to the arts, It's all a matter of personal opinion and what music listening mood you're at during the day.

Some of the contributors wrote reams and reams of paragraphs analysing each and every album released by the Fab Four after the Beatles disbanded. I told them I liked John Lennon's Imagine ( the single ) and his Plastic Ono Band album and that was it. Short and to the point. Some of these guys come off as musicologists and they're ready to pounce on you if they disagree with your comments.

That's why I started the "masterpiece" thread because as I said there's no such animal as the "BEST MASTERPIECE ". That would be an "Oxymoron (sic) ( have never spelt that word before too lazy to go to the dictionary).

SteveO
I have Mumford, Marling and PJ.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#23
Thx SteveO - and your spelling is fine!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Jerome.... CRAZY-HORSE 6 3,815 08-01-2026, 02:54
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Jerome CRAZY-HORSE 3 2,501 01-12-2025, 09:48
Last Post: JeromeD
  where is Jerome? CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,905 29-08-2025, 00:27
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
Star Many Happy Returns Jerome! Ruby 10 3,179 15-07-2024, 07:31
Last Post: JeromeD
  Happy Birthday Jerome... CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,824 08-07-2023, 15:33
Last Post: JeromeD
  Happy Birthday Jerome CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,849 08-07-2022, 13:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Happy Birthday Jerome CRAZY-HORSE 4 2,096 08-07-2021, 11:17
Last Post: JeromeD
  where is Jerome???? CRAZY-HORSE 1 946 20-06-2021, 12:50
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Jerome CRAZY-HORSE 8 3,363 09-07-2020, 13:57
Last Post: Jerome
  I Miss Jerome Music Head 2 1,761 21-03-2019, 07:00
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: