Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are some of your favorite high energy bands or artists ?
I just finished listening to Motorhead - No Sleep At All and it really pumped me up with their high energy non stop performance of hard rock (imo they're not really heavy metal in the truest sense ???).

I am looking for recommendations from the members as to what artists(live as well as studio albums) they consider to be extremely uptempo and that really pump up your adrenalin ? Usually groups that don't do any or few ballads !

Some of my choices are - Motorhead, AC/DC, Dropkick Murphys, Ramones, and most punk bands. As you can see my list is small so please give me more suggestions !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
You might try Flatfoot 56 and Flogging Molly. I enjoy both of these groups.
I will indeed ! I am familiar with Flogging Molly but not so with Flatfoot 56....will check them out, thanks BJ !
Pere Ubu is exactly what your looking for if you can handel a little bit of avant garde music
The highest enery concert I was ever at was an Enter Shikari concert - not quite in the same vein as some of your choices but can certainly fits the thread heading
The Ramones of course but you can't see them live anymore can you? Makes me so sad....that was the best show I ever went to. Less Than Jake is a really high energy show. I've seen them quite a few times since they play Florida a lot and they don't charge a lot for tickets. I'm hoping The Avett Brothers is as high energy as it looks on YouTube, planning to see them in November, will let you know.
Motorhead's old sparring partners The Damned matched them for pace, although you may well already be familiar with them ?!
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
No problemo ! I love avant garde music(been listening to it for 30 years) and thanks very much, Ibrahim. for your recommendation !
mtthwibrahim Wrote:Pere Ubu is exactly what your looking for if you can handel a little bit of avant garde music
Thanks Tiggi ! not familiar with The Damned but hope to be soon !!!
I truly envy you as will MH ! Avett Brothers are fabulous !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Million Favorite Songs Music Head 125 10,762 14-09-2024, 14:47
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Who is your favorite DJ (music)? sing-a-long 2 1,143 18-02-2024, 06:13
Smile What year is your favorite in hiphop music? sing-a-long 1 852 17-10-2023, 04:36
Thumbs Up What is your favorite album of all-time? sing-a-long 5 1,044 15-10-2023, 00:02
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  Favorite era of music? sing-a-long 2 1,058 17-06-2023, 05:19
Last Post: purpleocean
  Could you recommend some artists and or bands that employ vocals without lyrics ? SteveO 5 1,808 23-05-2022, 08:14
Last Post: JeromeD
  artists cancelling Russia CRAZY-HORSE 0 268 02-03-2022, 03:08
  artists with the most #1 hits in the UK CRAZY-HORSE 0 283 11-12-2021, 08:04
  1970s artists in the UK charts... CRAZY-HORSE 0 326 11-12-2021, 05:32
  cassette sales at a 17 year high in the UK CRAZY-HORSE 0 372 06-01-2021, 05:54