Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I didn't even know what the hell was a MACCA before I joined MD.....lol and I think Leonard Cohen should be on the list also, Music !
Music Head Wrote:no way
you're just trying not to hurt CH's feelings
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Elvis,Beatles and probably Dylan are the only three IMO...
in fact one of our 'golden oldies' radio stations do a daily "on this day on music" segment...most of what they pull up revolves around Elvis or Beatles, unless its a birth or a death of a singer....
and rightly so, as without Elvis there would be no rock and roll, and without Beatles(inparticular G.Martin and his willingness to try experimental stuff in the studio) we probably would not have all the advances attributed to those guys, that said though....Buddy Holly was into double tracking his vocals back in 1958,so i guess all that studio trickery goes all the way back to him,shame he didnt get the chance to live on and progress further with it, but i guess we'll never know his potential now,will we?!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
SteveO Wrote:I didn't even know what the hell was a MACCA before I joined MD.....lol and I think Leonard Cohen should be on the list also, Music !
don't feel bad
I didnt even know what a CH was
Posts: 35,589
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Lmfao mh....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Yes Elvis, Beatles for certain and possibly Dylan !
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!