Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW 11.10.24 #2
NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW: 11.10.24

[DUE TO A ERROR SOME TRACK REVIEWS MAY BE REPEATED NEAR THE END, MY BAD, this took around 7 hours, enjoy!]

Sympathy is a knife—Charli Xcx/Ariane Grande (2.5/10)
I will never get BRAT summer, poorly produced repetitive rubbish. I don't get this new era of Charli and why she is continuing it outside of summer when it is known as BRAT summer!! It's sloppy and extremely overrated; just delete this.

I Might Say Something Stupid - Charli XCX/The 1975/Jon Hopkins (5.5/10)
The first BRAT song I really thought was at least ok, that's a change! It was surprisingly peaceful too. Hopefully it only gets better from here.

The Karate Kid: Coldplay (5/10)
THIS SONG IS ALREADY REVIEWED BY ME, SO I'LL REPOST WHAT I Wrote:
Finally something new ? This one was interesting because I wasn’t expecting them to actually make a song for the movie "The Karate Kid" and even mention the main character's name in the older versions of the movie. Now I'm sitting here wondering why they made a song about some movie where a kid’s trying to become a karate master. I presume it's because the movie is about overcoming fears and being the best, so they thought using it for a song would be a good idea. Either that or they’re just begging to get featured in a Karate Kid movie. Think of it as Coldplay's usual; it sounds like something out of a heartfelt emotional movie scene, using a soft tune and voice to make the lyrics represent that specific thing. I'm good at music reviewing, but it's hard to describe the same song over and over and over again. To be fair, I'm learning still and don't know every piece of vocabulary, but wow, this is like when there's dry food in your mouth and you can't chew it down enough to swallow it.

OTRO CAPITULO - Becky G (5/10)
This is basic for an artist this big. Becky has made some great songs in the past (even my no. 1 most streamed in the past year), but the main structure of the song is built around the same beat that you can hear any foreign artist use—not bad, just meh.

VIRGINIA Boy: Pharell Williams/Tyler/The Creator (5/10)
This is ok but not amazing; more likely it could've been done without overcomplicating this.

I Never Loved You - Halsey (5/10)
I'm not the biggest fan of the way Halsey sings the verses with the pauses and the fast stops, but this song isn’t honestly bad. Nothing is pointing out for me here as good or really amazing, but I don't have a hatred for this song. If it went viral and I heard it too much, I could get very sick of this easily though. I doubt it's going viral though.

Late checkout: Lil Durk/Hunxho (0/10)
Oh no... THIS IS HORRIBLE. Lil Durk starts by talking about how he's doing (Yk what) to a girl, and some of the verses are just gross and EWWW. He then shouts Mr. Beast. FEEL DISGUSTED FOR MENTIONING MRBEAST IN A NEGATIVE WAY. For people who don't know, MrBeast is known to have some controversy around him for a while involving minors, crypto and lotteries that aren't legal, promoting unhealthy products, faking videos that are about serious kids in need getting help for view count, mistreating staff, making rude jokes that I can't say, scamming, wasting people's time by putting them in rigged game shows, hiring bad people, hiding evidence, and a lot more ?. And Lil Durk thought, "What a great guy; let's shout him out." DURK NO, DON’T SHOUT HIM OUT!! Too late, and we've got this poorly produced, cheap, rotten piece of music that burns the ears and equates to gang brain rot. Feel ashamed for making this; I'm actually disgusted.

WHATCHU KNO ABOUT ME: GLORILLA/Sexyy Red (3/10)
Both these people are in hot water with the public, and they deserve it. Their bland, overused songs and style contribute nothing to society and never will.

Aperol Spritz, The Kid Laroi (3/10)
Wow, I wasn’t aware it was going to be this bad. It's literally rap-style lyrics in a non-rap song with the same backbeat sticking with us the whole way throughout. The production and lyrics disappointed, and no vocals could even match this vibe.

PUSH 2 START, Tyla (5/10)
Tyla's songs are getting noticeably less unique with every release by her.

Winning Streak: Jelly Roll (6/10)
Emotional and from the heart, Jelly Roll matches the rock groove really well and carries the track to the end, one of his best songs in a while.

CAVE: Dom Dolla/Tove Lo (6/10)
This is good drum and bass; I think Dom and Tove really communicated well on this, and I wouldn’t mind hearing it again!

How could you love somebody like me? - Artemas (4/10)
The viral surge this guy is over. The new songs don't hit the same, and he was honestly never anything massively out of the ordinary. Good riddance to this music trending.

Never letting go—Alok/Gryffin/Julia Church (5/10)
Just your average electronic music; I thought it repeated a bit too much for my liking, and the 3 could've made something better.

Next: Xavi (4/10)
It sounds like your average Mexican traditional song, and judging by the cover, he's probably singing about rubbish too. Xavi's trend surprises me; what has he really given to the music scene?

Backseat Driver: Kane Brown (6/10)
Kane's voice is so fake and put on for these country songs; how do I know? Because he didn’t have this voice on 'Miles on it,' didn’t he? Exactly. I get matching the correct vocalization on each different type of song, but this is straight up pretending to sound like this. The song is actually good and didn’t overuse country slang, thankfully, but this shouldn’t become a hit.

In the Living Room, Maggie Rogers (7.5/10)
Heck yeah! The instrumentals on this rocked, and I love this style of Maggie Rogers—a perfectly timed, amazing song that matches in so many aspects. This is a gem!

Mantra: Jenny (3/10)
What even is this? This is a new level of "could've done better." Such a weak track.

Why Lie? Skepta/Flo Milli (3/10)
Your average "in the hood" song with a back and forth between Skepta and Flo talking about the obvious dodgy stuff I cannot mention and basically flexing. Keep living your dream, but this song is nothing to flex.

25: Rod Wave (6/10)
This one wasn’t that bad; I actually liked it compared to his last 2 tracks. It sounds similar, but this definitely has a better vibe and style to it.

Stupid Dumb: Mabel/Ty Dolla Sign (5/10)
Sounds like Camila Cabello's new C XOXO stuff but without high pitch. Not entirely sure you should have picked Ty for this song, as he didn’t match the energy well for me and kind of took it his way more despite being the 2nd artist on the song.

Gaslight - Boywithuke (5/10)
I will never understand Boy Withuke's massive hype.

Cupid's Bow, Olly Alexander (5/10)
He entered Eurovision for the UK for the fame; he tried to make a ton of remixes and still failed at chart success, and now he's back with this. It’s like tea without milk. You have lost the fun main component of your music. This is not it.

When I Grow Up, Alan Walker/Flo Rida (5.5/10)

A fragile thing—The Cure (5/10)

Levitating: RÜFÜS DU SOL (6.5/10)
RÜFÜS always brings something new to music for me, something unheard, and I'm starting to like him more. Unique creation RÜFÜS. Keep this up!

Leave Me Alone - BigXthaPlug (6/10)
The swearing on this was a bit OTT, but it wasn’t all gangsta rap, and it's actually enjoyable. Decent from Xtha, I'll give this song a pass on negativity.

People Like Us - Tim McGraw (3/10)
Wow, this is terrible. I see why it's at the bottom of the new Music Friday playlist ? Putting autotune on an old country singer's voice fixed nothing. He's out of his prime.

Tree Birds - Dylan Gossett (5/10)

RICOCHET - Chase Atlantic (5/10)

Smile Boy - Niklas Dee/A7S (6.5/10)
I feel this would be really good with a Joel Corry or Jax Jones remix, but this is actually really good! The dance beat blends well with both their voices. The pace isn’t perfect, but it still works for what it is. Yeah, this is partly a basic dance song, and I wouldn’t blame people for saying that, but I really like this beat compared to the others!

Magic: Jacob Collier/Emily King (6/10)
It fascinates me how so many weird sounds that you thought would never make it into a song can be in one and still sound good!

How Do You Sleep At Night? Cody Johnson (5.5/10)
Cody's music is a mixed bag for me; he releases one unique song and then something basic as hell. This is alright for me. The drums and rock sound do create a good base, and Cody shows off a rougher side of his voice, which I think fits this song well.

October Moon: Ricky Mitch & The Coal Miners (5.5/10)

Brand New: The Blessed Madonna/James Vincent McMorrow/A-Trak (4/10)
Of course, this was Radio 1’s track of the week because they love basic music with some upbeat moves that sound similar to any other.

Balance: Strandz/Boj (5/10)
This isn’t bottom of the barrel, but it’s pretty average. Nothing about this was memorable, and I also don’t think Strandz and Boj work well together.

Right Now: Darkoo/Davido (5/10)
This is nothing amazing; it's like I hired an African musician out of Dollar Tree.

When It Runs Out - Vibe Chemistry/Felix Samuel (5/10)

Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come - The Wombats (4/10)
I don’t like the childish, squeaky voice with those instrumentals nearer to the end of the song.

Temptress-OOdeal (4/10)
It's like original crisps; it lacks flavor.

15% - Victoria Canal (5/10)
Shocked she’s in the NMF playlist and has nearly 18k subscribers on YouTube, but after an hour, she has 1 view and 1 like (Let's be real, she probably viewed and liked her own video).

REGGAETON MALANDRO, Yandel/Tego Calderón (5/10)

Really Jimmy? Babytron (4/10)
I thought Babytron was Big Sean, and Big Sean was Babytron... The Mandela effect is kicking in, just like how I found out to say it's spelled "Sexyy Red" and not Sexyy Redd.

Just My Luck, Obongjayar (6/10)
After the Fred Again collab, he's gone back to being barely anything, and that’s sad because this is actually good! The style is very different but sounds like it could work on radio. Push this to the radio!!

Aggressive: Jim Legxcy (5.5/10)
I loved Nothing’s Changed by Jim. Despite this being a very changing next single, I still like this. It's not achieving by a ton, but it’s still fairly good. It’s more of a lighter single than aggressive.

S D**** Whatever** - Vienna Vienna (5/10)

IYKYK-XXG (5/10)
If Blackpink had a "Made in China" version. On a serious note, it’s not bad. It’s just your average K-pop with a bit of rapping.

Dizzy - Anna Graves (5/10)
It's nothing new but not a recently trending sound either. This song has potential to be a lot more and be leveled up with more spice and a louder string of guitar plucks, but I feel this is a "Let's be like everyone else" song.

Limbo-AAqyila (4/10)
The singer didn’t even try.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? flowerovlove (5/10)
Just your average pop song.

Put You First - Alexander Stewart (5/10)

Habits (Stay High) - Spotify Singles - Yaegar (5.5/10)

Distance: Tori Kelly (5/10)
She starts off singing the love song with no passion in her voice. At least sound like you want to be there. It gets better as the song reaches the minute mark, thankfully.

Thought of You: Sam Barber (5.5/10)
I like the kicks and boosts in his voice when it’s needed.

Catatonic-NNeoni (6/10)
The changes of volume and sound in her voice using production were actually added to this track. Fair play; this is nice.

A-Frame: Jeremy Zucker/Chelsea Cutler (5.5/10)
This is alright and not poorly made, but there aren’t any bonuses here compared to your average country song.

BITXH PLEASE - Lah Pat (2/10)
What is this production and autotune? Oh, I beg, at least try. The amount of monotonous verses in this is a joke. Get a new team or at least get a real job other than making songs that could classify as kid songs if there were no swearing in them.

Ur Gangsta - JAVVI ELIAS/Angel Dior (5/10)
I can't even be bothered to translate the lyrics for a song with a title and cover like this. Not bad though.

We Both S** Again** - 2AM-DM (6/10)

Prayer: Äyanna (5.5/10)
The fast speed on this was very complementing to the track. As much as Äyanna hasn’t chosen the best lyrical pick, I think this is a solid song.

Little Town, Wyatt Flores (6/10)
Laid-back country with meaning. I wouldn’t blame country radios for giving this a go. The different parts of the song are pieced together nicely by production, and the instrumentals are in no way lacking. They feel just right!

The Aftermath: Carter Faith (6/10)

This is Red Leader, a deeper sleeper (5/10).

Deadbeat - Wallice (6/10)

In the Shadow: Jersey (3.5/10)
The type of basic, overproduced song that club DJs love.

BUTTERFLIES: Isaih Falls/Joyce Wrice (6/10)
The pitch change on this was timed correctly.

No Genius: Raissa/Christine and the Queens/Rahim Redcar (6/10)
This had a very strange production choice, but I actually liked this. The funky electronic beat doesn’t take over the track but just adds to it.

She Wants To Go Dancing—Mt. Joy (6/10)
The older tone on this is something that I like.

Free Fallin' - Amaria (6/10)
It's peaceful and puts me in a good state of mind. I enjoyed this.

Nobody Move - Major Lazer/Vybz Kartel (2/10)
What... why did you get a song about someone trying to shoot someone else and turn it into this style of song? It’s like putting death into a fun dance song.. what.. no.. it’s just weird and really doesn’t work.

Sinner: Samara Cyn (1/10)
Exact replica of Doja Cat, blasphemous, bad girl energy, same voice, puts on a similar music energy. This is horrible, and more rap rubbish too. At least try and make something different instead of rapping about rubbish while using a beat that sounds as if it was purchased on SoundCloud for 99p. Be ashamed; this has reached an extreme level of terrible.

Everydog has its day. [I was so shocked at how bad it was I forgot to write the artist's name.] (0/10)
OW MY EARS!! THEY'RE BURNING!! Mumbly lyrics about rubbish; the production is some of the worst I have EVER seen. I’m dead serious; this is painfully bad. This could make my worst songs of 2024. I can’t even describe this. Is this experimental music?? I can’t name one person who would play this... This is so bad I would change my name and move house after this.

What Is Life—Anti-UUp/Rhys from the Sticks (1/10)
WOAH, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, A NEW LEVEL OF BAD HAS BEEN REACHED AGAIN. ? That's four awful tracks in a row. A man yaps on about how gangs are life and all that rap bla bla in some spoken word song. He honestly sounds like one of those men who goes on podcasts and tells young men they're nothing and should have some 6-pack. Quit the yapping and delete this garbage. This is so bad. It’s like if Charcoal was a song. Also, I can’t believe this is 5 minutes 43 seconds.. blooming heck!

Cheers To Good Friends - Penny and Sparrow (5/10)

Black Sheep - Ben Fuller (6.5/10) - Never heard of you before Ben but this is a good first song from you I heard, keep this up.

Selfish - Solya (5/10) - Mid and bland.
Broken Hearted A** B**** - Elaine (5/10)

I promise - ISOxo (3/10) - Great were back to the "Let's repeat the same thing until the song is over" type track ?? effortless.

Nothing Would Change - The Linda Lindas (2.5/10) - Putting multiple children nursery games in the main verses of your song and repeating them just makes the song cringeworthy, if your lucky than your song might feature on Cbeebies.

Reincarnation Of A Lovebird - Samara Joy (5/10) - Is not as magical as you think, it never has been and it never will be.

magic 8 ball - Cavetown/Frankie Cosmos (4/10)

Rain - mxmtoon (5/10)

Chi girl - Dua Saleh (4.5/10)

New York - Junior Varsity (5/10)

My Beautiful Girl - Youth Lagoon (6.5/10) - Emotional and in depth and this captures a moment really well, This is more than music it's art.

Mad as f*** - Cordae (4/10) - "I'm a big tuff boy" Aaaah song

Wildflowers- Nao (4.5/10) - Let's be real here, any artist could've made this.

It was to many characters to write here lol
Sorry a computer error messed up a few words to, I dislike mrbeast and I think pharells song could of done more not overcomplicating things

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Lap (BY Rod wave) album review Mellope 2 212 5 hours ago
Last Post: Mellope
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 55 6,018 Today, 00:22
Last Post: Music Head
  Hot 100 Summary & Review 15.10.24 #2 Mellope 0 19 Yesterday, 19:44
  UK TOP 100 SUMMARY & REVIEW 12.10.24 #2 Mellope 4 78 13-10-2024, 10:38
  US Billboard Hot 100 8.10.24 Summary & Review Mellope 5 175 11-10-2024, 07:21
  A Modern Day distraction - Jake Bugg (Album review) Mellope 2 132 11-10-2024, 07:20
  NEW MUSIC FRIDAY REVIEW Mellope 2 172 07-10-2024, 15:41
  Coldplay's Moon Music (DELUXE) Album Review Mellope 0 110 07-10-2024, 15:32
Wink Coldplay's Moon Music Album Review Mellope 2 183 07-10-2024, 15:27
  UK TOP 100 SUMMARY & REVIEW Mellope 0 75 06-10-2024, 14:20