Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hi!
#21
still a fan of Desmond Dekker also
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#22
Jerome Wrote:Very few people on the site ever discuss reggae music but it's a genre I like a lot. Marley is obviously the kingpin. Love his stuff.

Have you listened to The English Beat (known as The Beat in the UK)? They were an '80s ska influenced band that only released 3 albums. I recommend their compilation "Beat This! The Best of The English Beat".
Reply
#23
Severin Wrote:Have you listened to The English Beat (known as The Beat in the UK)? They were an '80s ska influenced band that only released 3 albums. I recommend their compilation "Beat This! The Best of The English Beat".


I also like The Specials big time: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-speci...0000482334
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#24
The debut from The Specials!!!! Good album! I must try to listen to their other albums! Such a feel good sound!

[Image: 220px-Specials_uk_front.jpg]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Forum Jump: