Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Album Count
That's a really good question MH. I'm not sure, could be as high as 10%. When CDs first came out I could trade in my vinyl so I could upgrade (how many of those trades would I take back now?) and I did trade in my vinyl. As time went on stores didn't want to even look at vinyl so I just replaced/added the cd version to my collection. I did do a give away about 10 years ago featuring a lot of the doubles. Now my vinyl versions are worth more to stores (crazy how things flip around so quickly). I still use the turntable every week but don't use it near as much as the CD players - convenience wins.
I still buy records as there is so much I cannot get in the CD format - if it was available now it isn't.
I have the smallest collection !....a little bit of music envy..lol

Vinyl - 923

CDs - 847

Digital ripped from CDs and on ipod

A small collection also made up of the dinosaur Cassette...300 or so ! Even today you can't get some music in a format other than cassette ! I have digitised my favorites on CD ..well not myself personally but a techy friend of mine. There's a program to do it ! I still look for cassettes and old records at yard sales as well as CDs.

I'm just wondering if we ever have time anymore to listen to an album more than once ? I think sometimes I have it but never listened to it ...lol...there's a tremendous amount of music out there !

Just for fun I looked up black metal groups ...there were over 20,000 of them listed and that's only one sub-genre !!!!! That figure is staggering !!!!!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
2700 Albums on our drives (815 artists and 32,206 songs)... about 1,000 CD's... and a whole room full of vinyl back at my brother's house, where we grew up. I honestly never counted those ablums.
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
SteveO Wrote:I have the smallest collection !....a little bit of music envy..lol

Vinyl - 923

CDs - 847

Digital ripped from CDs and on ipod

A small collection also made up of the dinosaur Cassette...300 or so ! Even today you can't get some music in a format other than cassette ! I have digitised my favorites on CD ..well not myself personally but a techy friend of mine. There's a program to do it ! I still look for cassettes and old records at yard sales as well as CDs.

I'm just wondering if we ever have time anymore to listen to an album more than once ? I think sometimes I have it but never listened to it ...lol...there's a tremendous amount of music out there !

Just for fun I looked up black metal groups ...there were over 20,000 of them listed and that's only one sub-genre !!!!! That figure is staggering !!!!!

Have to admit I do not listen to a large portion of the stuff I have. Some of it is just sounds too dated (Black Sabbath for example) I tend to gravitate towards some classics, but it's nice to know that if I want to listen to something specific, I will probably have it on hand somewhere in the house. Finding it is the issue - Hell one day I might even get it organised into some sort of system.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Did anyone ever go for the minidisc?
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
I would have but I got burned by dats.
Keef Rob Wrote:I would have but I got burned by dats.

what's dats

uh, I mean

what's dat you say

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My first mandolin album Jozefmandolino 2 1,667 06-03-2024, 03:36
Last Post: JeromeD
  does anyone have this album? CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,640 24-02-2024, 00:50
Last Post: JeromeD
Thumbs Up What is your favorite album of all-time? sing-a-long 5 1,044 15-10-2023, 00:02
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  Australian album charts 2023: CRAZY-HORSE 37 7,810 23-09-2023, 05:17
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  UK album charts 2023: CRAZY-HORSE 34 6,122 16-09-2023, 07:23
  new old Bob Dylan album... CRAZY-HORSE 0 546 01-06-2023, 11:18
  199 track studio album at 8hrs 43minutes CRAZY-HORSE 1 766 22-04-2023, 12:29
Last Post: Music Head
  best album covers of 2022: CRAZY-HORSE 16 1,442 03-01-2023, 04:25
  new Roger Waters album anyone? CRAZY-HORSE 6 1,954 04-07-2021, 08:57
  crazy price for Crazy Horse 'live' album! CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,097 27-02-2021, 09:25