10-10-2011, 08:41
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:oh-oh!....sorry Jerome, i actually thought you were a Hendrix fan so we had a bit of a laugh over it last night so i encouraged GLM to post it for your benefit and maybe a chuckle or two???!!!
No sweat - I'm not saying he's good or bad - I just haven't listened to him. And I have a funny feeling I will probably not like it - not because the music is bad as such but I do like the lush/slick production albums (al la MO and PF), where you can hear the instruments clearly and at the time H was recordring thay had not really got their heads around that yet. Still it's nice to have some grit over the gloss as well. I think a blend of the two is what works. Same for instrumentation - classical instruments mixed with ethnic and modern synths is what works for me. You might say I am bi-sonic! Or is that tri??? Whatever - you get the drift.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

