Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Waynes World Guitar Solo
#1
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I found this website through google, and I thought the best way to identify the song I'm after would be to ask fellow music lovers. Just about everyone knows the classic movie Wayne's World, and after recently watching it again after such a long time I came across a really catchy solo that wayne plays that I have been unable to identify. Just about anyone I ask cannot put a finger on it. I don't know if it's from an actual song or if it's just a short guitar solo. I've tried using music recognition software but unfortunately the solo is too short for it to pick up and unfortunately it's not in the movie credits. The solo can be found on this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOt3r_aNNxE. The solo is played between 0:45 and 0:50.

Thanks for taking your time to read my post.
Reply
#2
^ That's a catchy solo ?!

No idea, I'm afarid.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#3
Darn I thought you'd be exceptionally uneducted musically, need the no stairway thing explained to you and that this would be easy. Fraid I don't recognise it....
Listen to the wind blow,
Watch the sun rise,
Runnin' in the shadows.
Damn your love, Damn your lies,
Reply
#4
I do not believe it is from a song, just some lick Brian May threw down. He provided additional music for the movie.
Here is the list of Musicians for the movie Wayne's World, May is at the very bottom:

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD]Music[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky[/TD]
[TD]Music ( Romeo and Juliet - Fantasy Overture )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Franz Joseph Haydn (II)[/TD]
[TD]Music ( String Quartet in G Opus 54 No 1 - Third Movement )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Mike Myers[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Wayne s World Theme )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Freddie Mercury (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Bohemian Rhapsody )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Chris Cornell[/TD]
[TD]Song ( All Night Thing )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Chris Cornell[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Loud Love )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Bill Church[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Rock Candy )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Leo Robin (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Blue Hawaii )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Ralph Rainger (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Blue Hawaii )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Nicky Chinn[/TD]
[TD]songs ( Mickey Ballroom Blitz )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Anthony Kiedis (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Sikamikanico )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Flea [/TD]
[TD]Song ( Sikamikanico )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]John Frusciante[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Sikamikanico )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Chad Smith[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Sikamikanico )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Mildred Hill[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Happy Birthday to You )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Patty Hill[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Happy Birthday to You )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Norman Gimbel[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Making Our Dreams Come True )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Charles Fox[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Making Our Dreams Come True )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Ronnie James Dio (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Time Machine )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Mike Chapman (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Ballroom Blitz )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Mike Chapman (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Mickey )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Jimmy Page[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Stairway to Heaven )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Mike Myers[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ( Wayne s World Theme (Extended Version) )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Queen[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ( Bohemian Rhapsody )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Tia Carrere[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ( Fire Touch Me Why You Wanna Break My Heart Ballroom Blitz )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Eric Clapton[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ( Loving Your Lovin )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Red Hot Chili Peppers (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ( Sikamikanico )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Black Sabbath (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ( Time Machine )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Dana Carvey[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ( Wayne s World Theme (Extended Version) )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Bernard Herrmann[/TD]
[TD]Song ( The Murder )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]J. Peter Robinson[/TD]
[TD]Music[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Arlene Matza[/TD]
[TD]Music Coordinator[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]G. E. Smith[/TD]
[TD]Song[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]G. E. Smith[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Wayne s World Theme )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]G. E. Smith[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ( Wayne s World Theme (Extended Version) )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Whitfield Crane[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Everything About You")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Klaus Eichstadt[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Everything About You")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Ugly Kid Joe[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ("Everything About You")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra[/TD]
[TD]Music Performer ("Romero and Juliet - Fantasy Overture")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Willie Lee Duckworth[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Sound Off")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Jimi Hendrix[/TD]
[TD]Song[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Jimi Hendrix[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Fire")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Jimi Hendrix[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ("Foxy Lady")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Ted Templeman[/TD]
[TD]song producer ("Fire" "Rock Candy" "Touch Me" "Why You Wanna Break My Heart" "Wayne's World Theme (Extended Version)" "Ballroom Blitz")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Gary Wright (III)[/TD]
[TD]Song[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Gary Wright (III)[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Gary Wright (III)[/TD]
[TD]song producer ("Dream Weaver")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]David Gamson[/TD]
[TD]song producer ("Dream Weaver")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Soundgarden (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ("Loud Love")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]The Aeolian Quartet[/TD]
[TD]Music Performer ("String Quartet in G Opus 54 No 1 - Third Movement")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Ronnie Montrose (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Rock Candy")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Sammy Hagar[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Rock Candy")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Denny Carmassi[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Rock Candy")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Bulletboys (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ("Rock Candy")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Jerry Williams[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Loving Your Lovin'")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Jennifer Blakeman[/TD]
[TD]Song ( Touch Me )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Kelly Breznik[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Touch Me")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Danny Johnson[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Touch Me")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Eric Brittingham[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Hot and Bothered")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Tom Keifer[/TD]
[TD]Song[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Tom Keifer[/TD]
[TD]song producer ("Hot and Bothered")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Cinderella (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ("Hot and Bothered")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Gary Lyons[/TD]
[TD]song producer ("Hot and Bothered")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Alexander Courage[/TD]
[TD]Music ("Theme From 'Star Trek'")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Donnie Purnell[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Cold Chills")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Bob Halligan Jr[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Cold Chills")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Kix (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ("Cold Chills")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Temple of the Dog[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ("All Night Thing")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Dwight Twilley[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Why You Wanna Break My Heart")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Greg Fields[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Ride With Yourself")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Georg Dolivo[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Ride With Yourself")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Rhino Bucket[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ("Ride With Yourself")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Zodiac Mindwarp[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Feed My Frankenstein")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Alice Cooper[/TD]
[TD]Song[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Alice Cooper[/TD]
[TD]Song Performer ( Feed My Frankenstein )[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Nick Coler[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Feed My Frankenstein")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Ian Richardson[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Feed My Frankenstein")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Geezer Butler[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Time Machine")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Tony Tommi[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Time Machine")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Lalo Schifrin[/TD]
[TD]Music ("Mission: Impossible Theme")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Robert Plant (II)[/TD]
[TD]Song ("Stairway to Heaven")[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Maureen Crowe[/TD]
[TD]Music Supervisor[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Steve McCroskey[/TD]
[TD]supervising Music Editor[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #f2f4f7"]
[TD="width: 50%"]Brian May[/TD]
[TD]Additional Music/Songs[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
Reply
#5
Could well be that this is some Brian May riff and it might be in a style which would place it in context it the movie...................However I have suspicion that Bruce Springsteen and the E street band have also used that style of riff and hat's why you might think it came from a song er this is Brian May's impression of the sort of thing that should be here eg Bruce Springsteen Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#6
I may be naive...maybe Mike Myers just railed it off...it's only a nano second long...could be from anywhere ?

Sleuth Wrote:Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I found this website through google, and I thought the best way to identify the song I'm after would be to ask fellow music lovers. Just about everyone knows the classic movie Wayne's World, and after recently watching it again after such a long time I came across a really catchy solo that wayne plays that I have been unable to identify. Just about anyone I ask cannot put a finger on it. I don't know if it's from an actual song or if it's just a short guitar solo. I've tried using music recognition software but unfortunately the solo is too short for it to pick up and unfortunately it's not in the movie credits. The solo can be found on this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOt3r_aNNxE. The solo is played between 0:45 and 0:50.

Thanks for taking your time to read my post.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to find similar guitar compositions Sirius 1 1,192 11-02-2012, 23:12
Last Post: evilB

Forum Jump: