Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hello! Glad to be here!
#11
Orphaned Land and Opeth incorporate all the YES genres also along with a whole multitude of other prog bands. The prog rock bands like Spock's Beard and Battles are influenced by YES and RAINBOW! Check them out J ! See the link in the NEW PROG thread...and thanks for the detailed response Ivan!
Jerome Wrote:Have to disagree SteveO - I think 'old school' prog rock has far more diversity than prog metal bands (of which I don't know much about). Prog metal seems far more formulaic to me????? As an example, Tales from Topographic Oceans contains, medieval, ambient, ethnic, classical, jazz, folk, electronic, experimental, world and rock elements. Just an opinion based on what I hear.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi, everyone! So glad to be here! introverted_lefty 6 2,416 19-09-2012, 14:03
Last Post: lanaa
  Hello I am glad to be here ! Binklebaum 8 4,411 22-03-2008, 14:29
Last Post: samantha

Forum Jump: